I'm not sure if this has been covered already but my problem is that sometimes ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

v0rt3x no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry messenger problem

Advertisement

I'm not sure if this has been covered already but my problem is that sometimes I am unable to send or receive messages in blackberry messenger. I send a message and the message sits there with the clock icon for different periods of time (5 min, 3-4 hours), sometimes the message will eventually go through, sometimes it wont send at all... It happens mostly when I'm talking with my girlfriend (she has a pearl) but sometimes I can't message anyone on my list. I can text and pin-pin no problem but messenger gives me problems...

I have tried turning off my phone, popping the battery and it hasn't helped.

Is it a problem with my provider (Telus) or a problem with my phone?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I've had this problem as well but usually it only happens when I or someone on my contact list is "unavailable" you can check this by looking at your contact list and any names that are italicized are "unreachable" or by highlighting the name and hitting menu \ contact info \ under status. I don't know if this will apply to you but that is what I have experienced with BB messenger.
    hope that this helps.

v0rt3x no está en línea Stack level 1
    None of the contacts have been "unreachable" when I'm having the problem. Both of us can be available and have full signal strength and messages still wont send...

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hmmm...
    that is odd. have you uninstalled BB messenger and re-installed through DM?
    (back up your contact list before you attempt this)
    it may just need to be re-installed
    that's the only thing I can really think of...

cds1016 no está en línea Stack level 1

bbms wont send, clock is there for awhile

i'm having the same problem. i try to bbm people and the clock just stays there and tehy dont go through forever. ive tried taking out the battery and sim and turning it on and off and that sometimes helps but im still having problems hellpp! does deleting contacts make bbm ffaster?

amandanicole no está en línea Stack level 1

sending pictures through bbm

With the blackberry messenger I can see that I can send pictures and voice recordings. With that, will be show on my AT&T bill and will I be charged for the media being sent? I don't want to be charged for sending it and I really don't want it showing up on my bill. Thanks if anyone can respond.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    BBM uses your data plan so it will not charge you for SMS or MMS.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-28-2008 at 12:05 AM.

jmcamos no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone figured this out?

I have the same problem on my Curve 8330 with Telus. Messages sometimes take anywhere from 15 min to an hour to leave my phone (ie for the clock icon to turn into a checkmark).

sy32478 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is BBM network dependent i.e. is this a roaming issue?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by amandanicole View Post
    With the blackberry messenger I can see that I can send pictures and voice recordings. With that, will be show on my AT&T bill and will I be charged for the media being sent? I don't want to be charged for sending it and I really don't want it showing up on my bill. Thanks if anyone can respond.
    BBM uses your Data plan. This said, if you have an unlimited or HIGH usage package you shouldn't have any problems. If you are on a smaller data plan you may end up with charges for overuse of your Data.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

mindiloo no está en línea Stack level 1
    so i've talked to every level of AT&T and Blackberry technical support. Apparently Blackberry does know about this issue and it is affecting a small portion of blackberry users, but they do not have a solution to the problem yet nor do they know an ETA. but they are working on it.

right. thanks a bunch blackberry.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    For what its worth ...my work uses Telus and there are constant outages etc...this is the most likely cause of your issues....