Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone ever laid there hands on a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition?... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition

Advertisement

Has anyone ever laid there hands on a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition?

PIN/ID
    2071348F

Re: BlackBerry 8830 World Edition

Cool how is the GPS functioning on it? battery life whilst using GPS?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

also see:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ots_notes.html

some minor notes there.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

No app to use the GPS feature yet; Verizon is suppose to release VZ Navigator for the 8830 in the fall, but hopefully sooner

PIN/ID
    2071348F

Thanks for the update guy's

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It's a cool device. Took me a whike to get used to the keyboard, but after a few days my typing is almost back up to speed. Media wise it's been a challenge. How it interacts with music is a bit tough to understand. For example, if I'm listen to music and get an email. If I don't touch the BB then it keeps playing, but if I touch anything on the device to view the email it skips to the next track. A little annoying. Also converting video is anything but seamless, though once you figure out the tricks it's a great screen to watch on. I've had a lot of fun with mine so far and have grown to really love the great display quality. PIN me if ypu have other info you'd like.

somacs no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had mine now for a couple of weeks and really like the track ball. Maybe I'm just clumsy, but too many times I would be scrolling with the wheel on my 7100i and would try to launch an application by pressing it in, only to find I rolled one application over or down and launched it instead. I am disappointed that GPS has been disabled, but hopefully that will be rectified.
    Trewtipe suks (Former 7100i user)

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had mine for a week now. I love it. The screen is great. The keys are a little small but you get use to them rather quickly. Overall an excellent choice if you want a pda device and don't need a camera.

Kerremax no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine should be on the front porch by 4:30 today I will keep you posted!

JBUTTOO no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It's a cool device. Took me a whike to get used to the keyboard, but after a few days my typing is almost back up to speed. Media wise it's been a challenge. How it interacts with music is a bit tough to understand. For example, if I'm listen to music and get an email. If I don't touch the BB then it keeps playing, but if I touch anything on the device to view the email it skips to the next track. A little annoying. Also converting video is anything but seamless, though once you figure out the tricks it's a great screen to watch on. I've had a lot of fun with mine so far and have grown to really love the great display quality. PIN me if ypu have other info you'd like.

Do you know how to download videos on the BB8830. Ifyou doplease let me know at james.int@sympatico.ca

anieve no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301AE0C2

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiman View Post
    Has anyone ever laid there hands on a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition?
    I just got mine on the 22nd. I just switched from the 8703e. Its been challenging to get use to not having the scroll on the side now but its good i'm use to it now Love it a lot better!
    Ruben Rodrigues
    647-268-3243
    ruben@clublifetoronto.com
    Club Life Toronto
    BlackBerry Pin:301AE0C2

pdclarke no está en línea Stack level 2

I got my 8830 on the first day it was released and it has been my constant companion ever since. I've never owned a BlackBerry or other similar device since I was accustomed to using cell phones.

I don’t have a problem with not having a camera since I really didn’t use the one on my LG VX8100. Besides, most federal government buildings and the like don’t take too kindly with devices that have built-in cameras (as I experienced not so long ago).

The BlackBerry 8830 World Edition – one of the best things I ever purchased for myself.

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

I agree...
    Check out my art at http://slater101.deviantart.com

jiujitsupride no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~love mine. Still getting use to it. Alltel told me ysterday it won't be long until we can update and receive mms messages. Yeah.

cbunt1 no está en línea Stack level 1

As far as GPS navigation: I use the Sprint Navigator, and here's my experience. It finds me just fine--within a few feet while driving. The driving directions, on the other hand, have been lousy. the Three times we tried to navigate by the tool, it talked us accurately, and correctly, point-by-point to the middle of nowhere--and nowhere near where we thought we were being directed.

Now, that being said, it does great with traffic spotting, and workarounds, etc. All in all, it's no replacement for a GPS system, but it's great to map out locations and get general driving directions--and faster than google maps or yahoo maps through the browser.

I'm not throwing the GPS software out yet, because it does do a good job of locating me, etc -- it's just the addresses & such that are preprogrammed. I'm sure it will get better with usage.

You must also understand, that my comments are tainted as someone who is not a HUGE fan of the few GPS systems I've used--most Hertz "Everlost" in rental cars, and I openly admit that my bad experiences with neverlost stem from my often driving faster than the system can navigate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast