Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My father, my mother, my wife and I. We all have the Verizon 8830. We ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ask Me

Re: BlackBerry 8830 (Verizon)

My father, my mother, my wife and I. We all have the Verizon 8830. We all love it and we all agree that we could never go back to regular cell phones. We all use it for voice along with data. No problems. All joy.
    Good day!

~via BB (

jsntrenkler no está en línea Stack level 2

My Verizon 8830 is the best Cell Phone I have ever owned! ... And a great PDA ... But the phone is amazing, especially if you are using it with a bluetooth headset.

CMD130 no está en línea Stack level 2

I just got the 8830 from Verizon and love it. It's my first BB. I felt the same way the OP did with regard to what he describes as "waffle" phones, but I have NO regrets.

I also have the most current Plantronics 510, (I had one that was two years old prior), and the connection is rock solid.

So, I'm sure you've long since made your decision, but if you haven't, I too say "go for it."

dlathem no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had the 8830 since it was released in May. It has had its share of problems not the least of which is the attitude Verizon has towards its customers on issues like the built in GPS being disabled. Now that the last OS upgrade has been released the ringer volume issue on my 8830 is satisfactory and the horrible noise issue when using it in the car was solved by buying a Blue Ant Z9 to use with it. This works very well to keep the background noise down.

I must say the CDMA phone service on the 8830 with Verizon is SO much better than I had with Cingular/ATT it is not even a comparison. When the keyboard (horrible back-light issues here) freaked out Verizon sent a replacement FedEx to the hotel where I was staying and I was able to swap out with little problem.

I am not entirely happy with Verizon or the 8830, but it is much better than what I had before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12