Hello everyone, i have a blackberry 8830 WE and i dropped it the other day ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2

Question BLACKBERRY 8830 IS DEAD

Advertisement

Hello everyone, i have a blackberry 8830 WE and i dropped it the other day and now it is constantly powering off and on at will. sometimes it will work fine and at others it will shut off when i go to answer a call ir retrieve an email. is there something i can do or is it fried? THANKS, BIGG-P

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    I remember a similar case when my friend dropped an 8310 and it did the same thing over and over again. We had to take that for repairs. It usually turned off when you are retrieving your email or browsing. If its the same thing you might need to have it repaired.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    "IF" you want to replace it, I have a 8830WE from VZW that I retired for my Storm.
    PM me for details if you want.

Hopefully it will fix itself?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Thanks, rajafaran, it is doing the same thing as your friend's 8310. it will come on and go off as i am ansering a call, email it even shut off during a call once or twice. SVT Cobra, thanks for the offer, but i am waiting for the alltel/verizon merger to completely take place where i can too get a storm. I appreciate the offer and the help guys, thanks a million, Bigg-p

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    May not do much good but have you tried a different battery? Sounds like an issue someone a while back had and a new battery solved it for them. Might give it a try just for fun.

Thanks moderncowboy. I took it into the alltel store. The guy tried everything and couldn't get it to come back on. They just did a insurance claim and I got a new one! Thanks again to all, biggp

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well glad you were able to get another.

you and me both!! thanks for all the input

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    that would only happen to mine after the wife dropped it while it was plugged in, and messed up the mini-usb cable and plug. so now when it was plugged in and i answer a call, it would die. I sold it cheap and waiting for another BB to come out that i would upgrade to.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900