This is my 2nd BB 8830 in less than a year. I must be bad ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jerniganbrandon no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry 8830 Going CRAZY!

Advertisement

This is my 2nd BB 8830 in less than a year. I must be bad luck or something!

The trackball will not scroll down (yes I have tried cleaning and did not work). The trackball light is not on. When it is on, then the scroll down will work. It flickers on sorta like a florescent light. When the trackball lights up so does a light on the keyboard, which makes it brighter. When I put the device in standby the keyboard remains lit partially and when you move the trackball around the keyboard starts to flicker.

Last night my background was set back to default. I took the battery out and put it back in and it was back again.

This morning I woke up and figured it may have corrected itself I found that my wireless connection was turned off. All of my messages and phone logs were gone. I turned it back on and then a few hours later my phone was just off.

I have no idea why this is happening. It just all of a sudden started doing it. My service is Cellular South here in Mississippi, but they aren't listed on BB's website. Would it be okay to reload the OS via the application loader regardless of what phone service I have? Or should I just get a new one under warranty?

Thanks!

-Brandon Jernigan

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: BlackBerry 8830 Going CRAZY!

I would say that if possible get a new one within warranty.. if outside, try to claim, if not.. hope you'll find a workarround.. reloading OS and such..

trankin39111 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I work with Cellular South and your email showed up on my Google Alerts. I checked with our Product Development department about your question. They said if the downloaded file isn't designed specifically for Cellular South and its network, data will be completely non-functional. RIM is aware of the issue and they are working to post the requested files. If you have anymore questions about Cellular South, please email askus@cellularsouth.com and someone will help you right away. Thank you, Tanya Rankin, Cellular South Corporate Communications

bigbinxter no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow! Go Cellular South! They're using technology to take care of their customers. I hope you're taking notes, Verizon!

Verizon, Verizon, Verizon! Oh wait, if they're not using Google Alerts, that won't do any good, now will it?

cwrigh08 no está en línea Stack level 1

You should take your BB to the Cellular South store. I had the same problem with the track ball and they replaced it right in the store without any problem under warranty.

Corey