is there any way of hacking the sim part of the 8830 allowing any simcard ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

edddkim no está en línea Stack level 1

bb 8830 sim

Advertisement

is there any way of hacking the sim part of the 8830 allowing any simcard to work with it?

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: bb 8830 sim

No, well... Actually it already does. Only the radio built in does not support the North American frequencies. (The carriers do this on purpose) in essence the GSM portion of the device is only dual band and will only work in Asia or Europe.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

They have locked them down fairly well. People have been trying to hack them for over a year and have been unable to do so

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

All one has has to do is call VZW's Tech Support (Global Support Team) & they'll unlock the SIM slot for you.

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ofelas View Post
    All one has has to do is call VZW's Tech Support (Global Support Team) & they'll unlock the SIM slot for you.
    Verizon 8830, here.

Is there any way via the Status screen or other, that you can tell that the device is UNLOCKED for the sim card.

I believe that I unlocked it but I never got the Verizon FAX to warn me about the consequences (or whatever it involved). So I was wondering if maybe they might have RE-engaged the sim lock again? I called them again but trying it again, we got an error message. It might be that the error was because it was already unlocked but I don't know and neither did the customer service rep.

Thanks in advance.