Happy holidays to all. So, I am ordering my new 8830 (Verizon) and I was ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

BB (8830) question - a few questions, 2 e-mail addresses, accessories, etc.

Advertisement

Happy holidays to all. So, I am ordering my new 8830 (Verizon) and I was thinking about a couple of things. While many people in my firm use a BB, we rely on a "home office" for support, the BES set-up, etc. We have the ability to buy any BB model, any carrier, etc. -- they support them all. Anyway, because of compliance, the "home office" also monitors our e-mail. There is a program in place that quarantines e-mails if certain words, phrases, etc. are used. Currently, I only have my "corporate" e-mail going to, and integrating between my BB and Lotus Notes (on my laptop).

So here is my question -- if I decide to have my "personal" e-mail -- which is currently running through Outlook (on my desktop) -- sent/forwarded to my BB, would the "home office" be able to "see" and "monitor" my "personal" e-mails? Common sense tells me yes, and they are running the BES and to me everyting kind of goes through them. Rather than use my common sense, I wanted to ask the resident experts.

Thank you.

Eric
    Last edited by Tech Idiot; 12-25-2007 at 08:03 PM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: BB (8830) question -- 2 e-mail addresses

if it goes through BES, then yes. But if you have BIS and BES service on your BB you can have the personal account setup on BIS. I do not have BES so cannot give anymore info than that haha sorry

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    if it goes through BES, then yes. But if you have BIS and BES service on your BB you can have the personal account setup on BIS. I do not have BES so cannot give anymore info than that haha sorry
    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I am conceptually familiar with the BES set-up, but I've never heard of BIS and couldn't tell you if I have it, don't have, broke it or what, LOL. I currently have only that one e-mail going to my BB. I've debated adding the second, but given the answer, I won't do it.

Personal account on BIS? Sounds interesting. I own the domain on my personal e-mail account/address if that matters. I just didn't want to complicate things. If it was possible, I also wanted to have e-mails that go to my personal e-mail, from one sender, not sent to my BB. I would think that was possible, but might be moot now.

Thanks again.

Eric

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Here is BIS http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/internet/
    and yes you could create a filter on the BIS server to not forward whatever you wish

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    Here is BIS http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/internet/
    and yes you could create a filter on the BIS server to not forward whatever you wish
    Very interesting. Thank you for the info and link. I could always have my outsource IT people walk me through this if I can't do it. With this type of set-up I could have my personal e-mail sent to my BB, but the "home office" is kept out of the loop on this. This doesn't seem to be the regular BB e-mail set up -- it more seems like a web-based e-mail deal, right?

Thanks again.

Eric

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

i cant get my blackberry to reconcile email for nothing ... anyone know a fix for this? it will send but not recieve on BIS

On the phone with sprint right now
    Last edited by slater; 12-26-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    Check out my art at http://slater101.deviantart.com