Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Okay, I'm a bit confused now.. We moved out of Verizons area and are trying ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

luvmypt no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Okay, I'm a bit confused now.. We moved out of Verizons area and are trying to get our phones unlocked. I called Verizon who gave me the unlock code and told me to call the Blackberry support or go to ATT (desired new provider) to have the phone unlocked...

Did this tech support person just dodge the issue with me? Also, I was told by Verizon that the Verizon BB may not work with ATT due to a difference in technologies..... Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks!

francesca888 no está en línea Stack level 1
    A NEW BB user; have the 8830 (obtained via corporate account) primarily to see work email when travelling; any way to keep it unlocked without having to always type in my password? Can't tell if the preceding posts are asking the same question or some other issue. Any help would be appreciated....esp. if I am in conferences/meetings where the light is low and I am just trying to quickly scroll through the message. THANKS!
    Last edited by francesca888; 08-16-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: error in wording

blueant no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just did it an had no trouble.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    one rep told me you CAN unlock it, but the unlocking feature just lets you use the phone overseas with any SIM card, not in the States. (so you could get a pre-paid TMO, or other Service that uses a SIM card instead of being on your Verizon/VODAPHONe SIM) But you need to purchase a VERIZON SIM for them to unlock it.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

puttytat007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Question, do you call Verizon first to get it unlocked or do you download the upgrade first? Does it make a difference and does anyone think that the CDMA part can ever be unlocked. I think it's abusive if the phone is yours to be limited this way. Thank you in advance, I'm new just purchased a BB 8830 and I'm so regretting it.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by francesca888 View Post
    A NEW BB user; have the 8830 (obtained via corporate account) primarily to see work email when travelling; any way to keep it unlocked without having to always type in my password? Can't tell if the preceding posts are asking the same question or some other issue. Any help would be appreciated....esp. if I am in conferences/meetings where the light is low and I am just trying to quickly scroll through the message. THANKS!
    If you go into options and select security then general settings you can disable the password. This should accomplish what you are trying to do. Your IT department may have a set a security policy that will not allow you to change that setting though.

BobcatBomber no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by puttytat007 View Post
    Question, do you call Verizon first to get it unlocked or do you download the upgrade first? Does it make a difference and does anyone think that the CDMA part can ever be unlocked. I think it's abusive if the phone is yours to be limited this way. Thank you in advance, I'm new just purchased a BB 8830 and I'm so regretting it.

I think this is the question I have, also.

If I call global support, and have them unlock my phone, can I use it in the states still, on Verizon network? And have my features unlocked? Now, the GPS is disabled, but with the global unlock this is enabled?

What other features are locked by Verizon that I do no know about?

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    As far as unlocking this phone, u call Verizon Global Support and ask them to unlock it.
    You can tell them that your going on vacation overseas sometime soon, but want the phone unlocked now so that you dont forget to do it later.
    As for the upgrade, are u talkin about going to 4.5? If thats the case, it wont matter if u do it before or after.

Also, if u get the phone unlocked, u still wont have GPS.

Bobcat, if u get it unlocked, it will still work on Verizons network.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    I think this is where everybody is getting confused. The carrier will not unlock just any phone for you, usually unless you've paid full retail or are no longer under contract as somebody already stated. The difference here, is the W.E. and that capability that they are unlocking for you. The ability to roam globally, not the ability to take to another carrier. (For example from att to tmo.) The cdma version dose not support us gsm frequencies. The Sprint version dose come unlocked out of box as far as the global capabilities. They should not charge for an unlocking sequence nor for a sim.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

CRansomSr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by francesca888 View Post
    A NEW BB user; have the 8830 (obtained via corporate account) primarily to see work email when travelling; any way to keep it unlocked without having to always type in my password?
    This is a seperate issue than the rest of the thread - but if the 8830's using BES,then it is probably a BES policy that's keeping it locked.

If that is the case, then you are pretty much stuck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12