PIN/ID
    23ec760c

BB 8830 from Verizon ,UNlock ?

Advertisement

Can it be locked now ?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    this device cannot be unlock, if you could be more specific on what you wanna do with it, I could be able to help
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

kevinchu no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 77803503 View Post
    Can it be locked now ?
    If you're asking about unlocking it so you can use any SIM card while traveling overseas, you need to upgrade to the November 19, 2007 firmware (http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/). Verizon says that with this upgrade, you can use any SIM while overseas.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    ~via BB-yup sure can. Lol (wap.pinstack.com)~

FlashAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask.
    I was under the impression that you needed to get an unlock code from Verizon on this, and this was said after that update was released. Are you certain that just the software will unlock the phone?

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know about the OS version but you do have to call verizon to get a very specific code that they give you after you run a series of steps to give them a code.

You also need a SIM card already in the device before you can do the unlock. I believe it can be any sim card and not just verizons. I got a free sim from Verizon in Jan when I purchased the phone. I did have to call their World Services (or whatever) dept for the unlock process.

FlashAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure I understood the unlocking procedure. Thanks.

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes u have to call Verizon Global support. They will walk u through on how to unlock your phone. They ask u to punch in a few keys, they the phone asks u for a PIN number which verizon gives u.
    After that your phone will be unlocked, but will not use Tmobile or Cingular Sim cards.
    Make sure they dont charge u to unlock or for the Verizon sim card. All should be free.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    ~via BB glad I livin canada and have a telus one, came unlocked already, went to germany and put in tmobile sim there worked great!(wap.pinstack.com)~

andrew.peron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3029AA4B
    Also be advised that unless you paid full retail price for your Verizon 8830, you will have to pay the difference in what you paid for the device vs. the full retail price before Global Support will unlock your phone for use with other SIM cards.
    Last edited by andrew.peron; 05-14-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Wrong name

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did not have to pay any more for the phone to get it unlocked. After rebates and other discounts my phone cost $99.00. I was able to UNlock it by calling Global support

andrew.peron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3029AA4B
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I did not have to pay any more for the phone to get it unlocked. After rebates and other discounts my phone cost $99.00. I was able to UNlock it by calling Global support
    That's weird. Everyone I have ever heard of getting theirs unlocked either paid full retail, or was told by Global Support that they would have to pay the difference between full retail before the phone could be unlocked.

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Both are NOT true.

I paid $50 for my 8830. About a month after I called verizon, they transfered me to Global Support. I asked them if they can unlock, went through a couple steps, entered the code and now its unlocked. No extra fees or anything.
    If they say that, just hang up and get another rep.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.peron View Post
    That's weird. Everyone I have ever heard of getting theirs unlocked either paid full retail, or was told by Global Support that they would have to pay the difference between full retail before the phone could be unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.peron View Post
    Also be advised that unless you paid full retail price for your Verizon 8830, you will have to pay the difference in what you paid for the device vs. the full retail price before Global Support will unlock your phone for use with other SIM cards.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

dr3x320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ^ Agreed, some reps when trying to ask for unlock codes, some reps demand that you must be an existing memeber for at least 2-3 months, or longer, or even a paying customer of x amount of months CONSECUTIVELY. But it all depends on the rep you get, if you get one who won't help, hang up and get another one.
    ATT Curve 8300
    v4.2.2.89 / Platform 2.4.0.39

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    That's dumb. ^ I would hang up call back and cancel~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast