Dear All, Thanks in advance for helping me answer my questions. I have my BB ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

imagez no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8830 - Contacts, Tasks, and Calendars

Advertisement

Dear All,

Thanks in advance for helping me answer my questions. I have my BB Data Plan now. I was wondering if there is some way, some how to get my Exchnage Server contacts, tasks, and calendar from Outlook/Exchange to the Blackberry wirelessly without some sort of desktop client? It does Exchange email just fine, I would just like to have those additional things there as well. I have seen other posts about this talking about getting it but I want mine to come from my workplace corporate Exchange Server.

Sincerely,
    Kevin

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: BB 8830 - Contacts, Tasks, and Calendars

The only way to do all that wirelessly from exchange is with BES. Do you know if your work has that?

We have a BES which there is a CAL going to my 7520 Nextel work phone but I want to send it to my 8830 Sprint phone, would I have to purchase another CAL or could I use one CAL and push the same info to two phones/devices?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

You would have to activate your 8830 on the BES. It will use a CAL. If you no long need your 7520, you can simply activate your 8830 on your existing account, and not be out anything.

I won't be allowed to swap the CAL to my device, it is a work device and can only be used for work. So, what are my options for getting my calendar contacts, and tasks to my personal Blackerry?

Also, why would my pocket pc on outlook web access hook everything and pull my email, calendar, contacts, and tasks by just using the wireless and not my Blackberry?

Thank you for your time by the way....it is much appreciated.
    Last edited by imagez; 07-26-2007 at 07:53 PM.

bubbatex no está en línea Stack level 1

Exchange has the ability to sync with WM devices via ActiveSync - BB's require BES. Different technologies.