I am still new to the BB and liking it a lot but I can ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

eugd no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery Life Question and teh 8830 WE?

Advertisement

I am still new to the BB and liking it a lot but I can charge the phone and it tells me that the phone is at 100% charge, then after a few calls maybe around 20-30 minutes total of talk time the battery goes down to 2 bars or 60% full? I usually wait until the charge goes down to 20% to charge the phone, maybe I’m not charging it long enough, 4-6 hours or overnight, during the charge the phone is set to turn off at 12 p.m. and start up at 7 a.m. I never noticed if the light turns green telling me that it is full, I just check to see if there are full bars then go to the options>status to see if the battery is up to 100%? could it be the battery or may I am not charging it long enough? I know I read that the phone can have a last time of Talk: 3.7 hours (220 minutes), Standby: 216 hours (9 days) but I have never seen that at all... if this is typical then I might switch to the pear while I still have time b.c. The battery should not be charged 2x daily with minimal/ moderate use.

How do you know when your phone is fully charged? Does the pearl have a better battery life?

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Battery Life Question and teh 8830 WE?

When you connect the blackberry you will notice next to the battery icon, a "plug" icon, it goes away when the battery is completely charged.
    Going down to 60% from just a few call does not seem normal from my experience, but then it becomes a subject of questions as to what else could be going on, so....
    Make sure you are closing applications and not just sending them to background, chat type applications and mapping applications are the biggest gluttons for power (specially if you were to leave the gps antenna on). Follow this link and the link it contains for more tips:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t=battery+life
    Last edited by huracan; 01-21-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: wording

eugd no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Battery Life Question and teh 8830 WE?

thanks for the info but I dont use the GPS or leave things on running in the backgroung..