When i am charging my battery, all i get is the red light coming on ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tjguzik no está en línea Stack level 3

Battery Issues

Advertisement

When i am charging my battery, all i get is the red light coming on sporadically. i also get a picture of a battery with a lightning bolt thru it on the screen sometimes, is my phone dead? battery dead? I bought a reconditioned battery this morning and tried to charge it and that didnt work either. Please help.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The battery with the bolt thru it is the symbol for a dead battery. If it is not charging even with the new battery then you my have a problem with the port.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

thanks, i am trying to keep the plug in to keep the light red, is that correct? the port seems a little loose.

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    I've had that happen when I put the wrong battery in before. Put a battery in a curve from a pearl,not compatible. Maybe you might of got the wrong battery? I also know that when the battery is completely dead, you will have the battery w/ lightning bolt appear until it charges enough to at least power on. Hope that helps some.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Sound lilke you may need a new port. Relatively cheap,and easy to replace...
    www.cnn.cn

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Do you have another charger? Or can you connect it to your PC with your USB cable? It really sounds like the port to me.if the light flashes when you are holding it there then it is probably trying to charge but I don't know for sure. Do you have insurance on the device or is it still under warranty?

no, its over 2 years old, i will keep trying to hold it in. thnx for all the responses.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bassvictim View Post
    Sound lilke you may need a new port. Relatively cheap,and easy to replace...
    www.cnn.cn
    Learn something new every day. I didn't think you could change them out.

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Absolutely. It's like 5 bucks for the port,and they pretty much pop in and out pretty easy. Now if it were the storm,or the newer BB models - it gets a little more involved. They build em a bit stronger these days...lol