Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When I upgrade, the DM automatically detects the upgraded OS and asks you if you ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

When I upgrade, the DM automatically detects the upgraded OS and asks you if you want to upgrade, so you can't do a back up at that time unless you click cancel. Then do a back up and go to apploader. If you click yes to install and forget to back up, it will automatically create a back up for you. But, it is always good to back up before you install a new OS just incase the loading fails.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 07-14-2009 at 02:46 AM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Good advice Debi...

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    When I upgrade, the DM automatically detects the upgraded OS and asks you if you want to upgrade, so you can't do a back up at that time unless you click cancel. Then do a back up and go to apploader. If you click yes to install and forget to back up, it will automatically create a back up for you. But, it is always good to back up before you install a new OS just incase the loading fails.
    you definitely make a good point, I think it depends on what version of Destop Manager you have...
    I've seen it go both ways, more often then not (with DM 4.5) I have to actually click application loader for it to bring up the whole "there is a new OS detected" dialog.
    I really just wanted to stress how important making a backup is.
    I've had things go crazy for me before and the backup that was made right before the upgrade was corrupted, or incomplete or whatever. if you have a clean backup that isn't made with other operations pending it is usually a clean and bug free file.
    just my OCD way of doing things
    :d
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12