Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello everyone again. i rec'd a new 8830 from an insurance claim and i am ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2

Question backing up/restoring files

Advertisement

hello everyone again. i rec'd a new 8830 from an insurance claim and i am trying to reload my old files on the new phone. for some reason, it does not seem to be working(probably operator error) i start desktop software, then open the backup file and send it to the blackberry, but it doesn't seem to be working. please help. thanks, biggp

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    In the DM select back up aand restore. Then restore, a window will pop up, on that window locate you backup file and double click on it, follow the on screen instructions
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    In the DM select back up aand restore. Then restore, a window will pop up, on that window locate you backup file and double click on it, follow the on screen instructions
    ditto, but just to check... do you have the 8830 OS software installed on your PC?
    make sure that is there otherwise you could have some issue's.
    let us know what it's telling you exactly
    we're here to help!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I agree totally- if the 8830 software isn't installed onto the pc, it will have issues recognizing your bb, even though you are re-installing data, and not upgrading the os- its a bb "thing", and impossible to get around- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    ditto, but just to check... do you have the 8830 OS software installed on your PC?
    make sure that is there otherwise you could have some issue's.
    let us know what it's telling you exactly
    we're here to help!
    ok, let me see if i have this correct....when i back up my BB is this the same as having the OS software installed on your PC? or are you talking about the Disk that came with the BB (desk top manager)..sorry im still learning

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    you need to the software found here:

downloaded and installed on your PC. I would suggest doing a different operation using desktop manager called device switch wizard, as it will take everything over, not just your info, but your 3rd party apps as well.

Hope this helps . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ask
    ok, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    you need to the software found here:

downloaded and installed on your PC. I would suggest doing a different operation using desktop manager called device switch wizard, as it will take everything over, not just your info, but your 3rd party apps as well.

Hope this helps . . .
    good call bassman!
    how's it working out for you biggp?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2
    its working out great. it did it just as ealvnv said and its worked perfectly. i also had the desktop software previously installed on my computer, so doing it was a piece of cake. i appreciate al lthe input. thanks, biggp

glad to hear your all up and running!
    enjoy the new phone!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by biggp View Post
    its working out great. it did it just as ealvnv said and its worked perfectly. i also had the desktop software previously installed on my computer, so doing it was a piece of cake. i appreciate al lthe input. thanks, biggp

Glad to hear it!

thb
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ask
    for some fracked up reason everytime i try to go to tmoble and click on my bb for the 4.5.0.81 OS to download internet explorer can not find the page..what i mean is i click on my BB and then i have to put my phone number in and internet explorer cant connect..i am on PC..i run diognostic..sorry SP. and no problems.. so can i get this OS for tmobile somewhere else and it will be the same and not mess thing up?

you don't actually need the one from tmobile.
    I personally am on Sprint's network and I'm running 4.5.0.89 from alltel
    the highest version of OS 4.5 I found is 4.5.0.174 if you click HERE you should be directed to a blackberry.com download site. click the drop down menu to select your phone model... 8320 as it were and select the OS version you want to download. After you have downloaded it, if you don't get the tmobile version, like I said you don't need to.
    go to
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" and delete the vendor.xml file.
    then just open Desktop manager, plug your BB in and go to backup/restore. DO A BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    then click on application loader and it will tell you there is an update and it will ask if you want to do a backup say YES. after that is finished let it do it's thing and DON'T TOUCH YOUR BB it may take 45 minutes or so but it will be worth it.
    jsut be patient and make sure you put you phone on a secure surface so as not to fall or anything of the sort. don't unplug your phone until it is back up and running, the desktop manager is back at the main screen and you can "Safely Remove Hardware" from your system.

let me or anyone here know if you need any help or have any questions. we are here to help!
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 07-13-2009 at 10:43 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    shweet..thanks tons

No problem!
    Like I said, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!!
    We're here for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast