My 8830 is automatically deleted txt messages and I do not want that to happen. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

kpbarry14 no está en línea Stack level 1

auto deleting of txt messages

Advertisement

My 8830 is automatically deleted txt messages and I do not want that to happen. Any thoughts on how to change that setting?

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    im pretty sure your txt messages get deleted when you delete your messages. go into messages and hit the bb button, click options, general options, go down to keep messages, set to ferever if you like. this way You have to delete your own e-mail and pin/txt messages. the simbols are all different so you should be able to tell. smily/pin, blue envelope/txt, orange envelope/e-mail

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    more than likely your texts got deleted because of low memory. check option>status and see what your "file free" is.

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    4.5 has a memory cleaning option that is automatic. its under security in the options area. i believe it is set to disabled by default. this seems to work pretty well. it gives you a few settings. i have mine to clean everytime i put it into my case and when it is idle for 5 min.
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    Yeah it's due to low memory, when your device has low memory it will delete your Call logs and text messages to free up some, this happens when you have too many programs running at the same time usually, if you know your not going to be using a program make sure you don't just move it to the background but you close it all the way with the menu button, and keep an eye on your file free memory in your options menu, when its low check how many programs you have running and close them. Programs that take a lot of memory are opera mini and google maps and most of the big 3rd party apps... hope this helps, oh yeah also its good to reboot your phone every couple days too i noticed that helps.

Latinalicious no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CF0982
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I feel your pain! I can't seem to stop the deletion of my txt msgs & call log. I do not have automatic mem cleaner or to auto delete. My setting is set to keep forevr until I delete but it still erases my txt msgs & call log. Its frustrating knowing that I'm missing my txt msgs b4 I evn get a chnce 2 read thm, especially whn all my contacts are all long distance. And pls let's not talk about the calls I missed and yet I don't knw frm whom they were. Pls, if anyone has a idea, thought or answer pls post A.S.A.P

Latinalicious no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CF0982
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I feel your pain! I can't seem to stop the deletion of my txt msgs & call log. I do not have automatic mem cleaner or to auto delete. My setting is set to keep forevr until I delete but it still erases my txt msgs & call log. Its frustrating knowing that I'm missing my txt msgs b4 I evn get a chnce 2 read thm, especially whn all my contacts are all long distance. And pls let's not talk about the calls I missed and yet I don't knw frm whom they were. Pls, if anyone has a idea, thought or answer pls post A.S.A.P. Gracias!

Spacemoose no está en línea Stack level 1
    this was happening to my handset and it resulted in me getting a new handset. Was a hardware/software/firmware issue. If it is still happening after all the mem options have been changed I would take it back and hopefully you still have warranty.

ladalia700 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i was told you have to take yourbattery out at least once or twice a week and that will help stuff from deleting

madferret no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kpbarry14 View Post
    My 8830 is automatically deleted txt messages and I do not want that to happen. Any thoughts on how to change that setting?
    yep, it's a pain in the butt. if only RIM would allow saving of emails and sms onto the SD Card....

your best bet is to free up space, and I recommend using Dexrex.

dexrex.com

Dexrex has a blackberry app which allows you to save ALL your SMS messages online. It just stays in the background and saves all messages. It'll only start saving the new sms messages that you send or receive after installing the app.

you can log into their website to view your saved sms messages, if you need to.

not the best solution, but at least you know you have a copy saved somewhere, just in case!