I recently ran into an 8830 that was returned from a user that had terminated ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Does anyone know how to disable the password lock feature on a 8830?

Advertisement

I recently ran into an 8830 that was returned from a user that had terminated employment with the company I am employed with. It had a password lock on it so I decided to let it run through and automatically wipe the phone so I can get back into the phone and use it as a spare. When the phone got wiped and reset this time it asked me to set a password up on it. I entered a password just to get it out of the way and then:

1. Clicked on Options
    2. Clicked on Security options
    3. Clicked on General settings
    4. When I looked at the Password section it stated enabled with a miniature red lock to the left of the word. It would not allow me to disable this option.

I did some research and could not find anything with any tech support staff at VZW and I have looked on this board as well without any luck. Does anyone have any idea how to disable the password feature on this phone?

If anyone could help me I would be greatly appreciated. I don't need the phone necessarily but I'm miffed more than anything cause I have never seen this before.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Does anyone know how to disable the password lock feature on a 8830?

The red lock indicates that a password is required by IT Policy and can't be undone. The IT Policy is being enforced by your company's BES - if they were not, it wouldn't be there.

Don't bother looking for a work around or hacks - they will NOT work. Job 1 for the designers of the BlackBerry is security, and if your company wants to require that you have a password, then you can't get rid of that requirement. It gets applied before the Enterprise Activation starts, and your connection to the BES will be broken if you attempt to remove the requirement.

Also, don't look into circumventing it by finding another way to get your company's email - like by using BIS through OWA. If they want security that tight, then using BIS through OWA is probably not allowed and possibly even a terminable offense.
    JerryD

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To undo the IT policy go here:

http://www.voicecareaustralia.com.au...er/blackberry/

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Once again - do NOT bother. I KNOW how to remove IT Policy. In case his ID didn't give it away, BES Noob's profile says he's on a BES! AND, once again, as I said above, you can not get around IT Policy if you're on a BES.

Not very nice giving someone advise that can get them FIRED! You should consider what you're advising someone to do before you post bartokbatt!
    JerryD

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Thanks for the info... Whats interesting is that this is the first 8830 I ran into that had this issue. As a corporation we have been indirectly instructed to have passwords but it has not been enforced because of other individuals of certain ranks that does not like having their phones locked. I'm just gonna leave it alone.

achenkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem, this solution did not work for me, I am constantly entering the enterprise password and I am no longer employed by these guys.. OUCH! Is there another way to get past the BES server, now that I own this pig?
    Thanks

Alan

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To undo the IT policy go here:

http://www.voicecareaustralia.com.au...er/blackberry/

Thanks! I got a phone off of ebay and the IT policy password prompts were annoying, I followed the steps of the link and it was

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you cannot contact the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Adminstrator then here is an alternate method to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone.

With the release of the BlackBerry Device Software 4.3, it is possible to remove the IT policy using the JavaLoader utility.

The JavaLoader utility has a new command switch, resettofactory. The syntax is shown below:
    c:\javaloader -u resettofactory