So I know there has been thread after thread about ota themes and how to ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

mgordon no está en línea Stack level 1

Another Newbie Question About getting Ota Themes

Advertisement

So I know there has been thread after thread about ota themes and how to get them on to your bb. But I still cant do it. Im on pinstack on my bb and im at the theme that I want which is ota and then I click on download and then I get (error; invalid manifest or application descriptor) so im lost. then I remembered in another thread some one said grab the link and send it to yourself in an email so i thought i would try that and I didnt get the email? So honestly in really stupid people terms can someone tell me whats goin on and what im not doin!!!! Thank you

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    First make sure the theme is for your Device and Operating system. To find out your OS go to options about and its the third line down. ver.4....

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also, try this: On your BB, clear your browser cache and history, go back to the page with the theme and refresh the page then try again to click on the OTA link. That should help with that error. Post back and let us know.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks so Yes i tried all your suggestions thus far and still no luck, no Im kind of an impatient guy so maybe I gotta slower down abit, but i still think that i followed most steps correctly. Who knows. Any more suggestions like a step by step in stupid lingo for me, maybe that would work...

thanks

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    HI, are u checking in opitions, then scroll all the way down to themes. It should be listed under themes.
    Then click on the theme you want and wait a few minutes.
    Then when you go back to your home screen it should be there.
    Do a battery pull first and then go to your options screen.
    Let us know.
    Lesa

yep did checked im new but not that new, i dont know Ill just keep plugging away thanks for your help
    Thanks