I'm not with them. But, one of my lab techs is looking at getting a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Alltel 8830

Advertisement

I'm not with them. But, one of my lab techs is looking at getting a Blackberry and has decided he wants to go with Allte for the "my circle" and some other things. I told him to wait for the 8830 as it should be out very soon. He came upon this in some searching. I thought some of the other Alltel users might find it useful.

Alltel's Blackberry 8830

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Alltel 8830

At my (large, multinational) company, we do not support Verizon's 8830 because of horrid overseas support. From what I hear Verizon has pretty well locked down the device so that it can't use GSM in the US. The major problems are lack of agreements with overseas providers, and lack of coordination with providers that do work with Verizon. I can't imagine that Alltel will fair much better, but who knows!

If your tech is traveling overseas, T-Mobile and AT&T are probably better choices.
    JerryD

Well, I do know that Verizon is well known for that sort of thing. And, you're probably right about Alltel but I wouldn't know. I actually have my Blackberry on Sprint (whose customer service is notorious for coming up VERY short, but who have provided me a mostly pleasent service over 5 years.) I do carry a V3M RAZR on Alltel because my local district uses Alltel here. My Lab Tech just ditched Sprint (personal service) and is convinced Alltel is the way to go (I actually don't agree, but whatever works best for him.) He's discovered there's a pretty reasonable rate plan for Unlimited BIS, so I think he's gonna go for that. As stated, he came across that link when searching more info on the 8830 I had told him Alltel should be getting. My guys, and myself for that matter, don't travel outside of the USA (Houston if anywhere) so, the Global portion will pretty much be useless for us anyway. Oh, and Tmobile and AT&T are probably the WORST choices for local service here. AT&T flat out doesn't offer local service (you can roam on their roaming agreements here, if you're in the area with a service from some where else. But, they won't even sell you a service with this zip code.) And, Tmobile (who I have used here) has so few towers in this area that you're stuck at 2 bars most all the time. I really wish that wasn't the case as I absolutely LOVED Tmobile when I had them in the SLC area. Sprint and Alltel are the only two carriers in our area who offer true local service.
    Last edited by Kilted Bradley; 08-21-2007 at 10:29 AM.

My tech talked to Alltel today (he had some questions about the service as he'll be a new customer) and he got her to give a definite release date. The was absolutley sure it would be out this thursday (30th). She was obviously a Blackberry user herself (she flat out expressed that.) Anyway, she's going to call him Thursday morning and get him set up. She did mention the retail stores will probably not be getting it for a few days after. So, if you want one and you're on Alltel, give them a buzz and you can get it under your twitchy thumbs by Friday.
    Last edited by Kilted Bradley; 08-28-2007 at 05:41 PM.

greekberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok heres the real low down. I just sold my 8830 sprint phone two days ago becasue my service sucked. I am now an alltel customer and a good friend with a district alltel manager. The phone will be out Thursday the latest but maybee tommorow afternoon. I will be picking mine up right when it comes out. Good luck all

Quote Originally Posted by greekberry
    Ok heres the real low down. I just sold my 8830 sprint phone two days ago becasue my service sucked. I am now an alltel customer and a good friend with a district alltel manager. The phone will be out Thursday the latest but maybee tommorow afternoon. I will be picking mine up right when it comes out. Good luck all
    The "Real Low down" huh?
    LOL

Ok, looks like the info the rep gave was spot on. If you look at their site it shows available now (where as it did NOT last night.)

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

I GOT MINE ON ORDER, ITS GONNA BE HERE TOMORROW!! HEY BRADLEY!! I QUIT!! I just want to stay at home and play on my new phone all day. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!