Ok I give up... I have tried every trick I can get my hands on ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

KFS416 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C48031

Question AIM on Sprint 8830

Advertisement

Ok I give up... I have tried every trick I can get my hands on to get AIM to work on my Sprint Blackberry 8830... no matter what I do it gets stuck on receiving groups or receiving buddies... I have talked to Sprint and they just tell me that they really don't know what the problem is and that I should download RambleIM and even gave me the ota link... I tried it and could never get that to connect either. If I open AIM on my computer it tells me I'm signed in from more than one location if that means anything... although I know for a fact that I'm not...

I have even gone so far as to do a complete wipe which fixed some of the the problems with other 3rd party software being able to connect, but still no AIM... I'm starting to get more than a little frustrated... Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks,
    Kelly

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: AIM on Sprint 8830

Kelly - have you tried jivetalk? its not free, does cost for one time download, but you do get 30 day free trial to test it out i love it

www.beejive.com

welcome to pinstack!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you reset your firewall, you may have denied access to AIM when you downloaded it.

Go here... options/security/firewall... hit the menu and choose reset settings.

Good luck, Im sure you will get it because this app works great.

yikes no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I do not agree that the free AIM "works great". It is limited to only those contacts on your "Mobile" group, which seems like a totally arbitrary limitation for a device that can do much more. I'm eyeing JiveTalk... I will give it a workout sometime this week.

KFS416 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C48031

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Have you reset your firewall, you may have denied access to AIM when you downloaded it.

Go here... options/security/firewall... hit the menu and choose reset settings.

Thanks for all the help... but it's still to no avail I checked the firewall and reset the settings, but it was already disabled before I did the reset... It still tries to sign on, and everytime it attempts it AIM notifies me that I'm signed on in more than one location, but it never gets past the receiving buddies part (I've let it sit there for 30 min+ before just to be sure it wasn't just slow but it eventually times out). I know it will only display the first 30 buddies or so, but could it be that the size of my buddy list is bogging it down (I have 163 people total on it)? From what I've read, it will only load those buddies in your "mobile" group... I have a group called "mobile device" is that the same thing or would creating another goup help in any way?

Oddly enough (and it could have something to do with the fact that my blackberry was connected to my computer at the time) today when I signed in to AIM on my computer, my blackberry was in the "receiving buddies" mode and it alerted me to a new message or something (little yellow man w/ 1 beside it) which I will assume is the System Mngr message letting me know that I'm signed in at multiple locations... but I can't check it or clear it or do anything about it because it still never moves beyone the receiving buddies screen!!!! THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD!!!! Now it's just a matter of principle that I WILL CONQUER AIM SOMEHOW!

As once again, I've run out of ideas... any feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

The amount of buddies should have no effect on your connection. I don't know what it is, but I have over 250 buddies on AIM and have no problem logging in. The group you mentioned, "Mobile" is what will appear when you finally get to sign on... 30 seems to be the limit. DOh!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by yikes
    I do not agree that the free AIM "works great". It is limited to only those contacts on your "Mobile" group, which seems like a totally arbitrary limitation for a device that can do much more. I'm eyeing JiveTalk... I will give it a workout sometime this week.
    Yeah, I only have 3 buddies so this is still a great app, for me.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it works fine on my 8830 I don't have 160+ contacts but it holds more then 30 without me making any changes like mobile contacts I download my version from the rim website and it transfered to my phone while connected if you need the link leave me a msg and when Iget the chance I can send you the link

nijmegan no está en línea Stack level 1

I was using AIM on my 8830 and everything was fine until two days ago. Now I see the exact same issue you are seeing. I uninstalled, and then reinstalled. Checked the firewall settings. No help.

berryhead no está en línea Stack level 2

i guess this is an ongoing problem of this weeek- i have aim from rim and i have never had a problem since i aquired my 8830- same problem happens i log in, it recives groups, and friends but the screen never changes to show my contacts-just the same rotating circle----WTF?>??? i am stumped. i am not a novice either and im trying to troublshoot this as much as i can without wiping the phone or calling sprint.. ARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this really sucks- can anyone help????

berryhead no está en línea Stack level 2

im soooooooooooo stupid tried evrything ....exept one thing that worked======(options/advanced options/applications/=aim=edit default permissions/===ALLOW ALL.) now if you guys cant get it to work i dont know what else to do.

HughH no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been using the free RambleIM on my 8800 for 2 months with no problems at all. Give that a try.

impex4 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem. Worked great for a while but now is stuck during sign on.

However, if i log in from any pc it shows that my BB is logged in as well and i need to type a "1" to log the BB off.