somehow the other day, i was able to view multiple telephone numbers of a contact ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ingranmaw no está en línea Stack level 1

address book

Advertisement

somehow the other day, i was able to view multiple telephone numbers of a contact by highlighting the name in the address book...without having to click the trackwheel to show the numbers. the numbers just appeared below the highlighted contact. now i can't figure out how it got this to show. help?

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    if you just start typing a name from the homescreen, the contacts will pop up and it shows a list of their numbers beneath their name. It won't do it if you're going through the address book manually.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Or if you have dial from homescreen disabled, when you go into the phone app and just start typing someone's name, the resulting list acts pretty much like you describe. I don't think it happens from the address book app itself.

A nice feature I think, on the phone app if you type the initials of someone's name separated by space (ie john smith you type 'j s' or 's j') you get everyone in your address book with those initial, roll down to highlight and shazamm!!!

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Nice tip never thought to do the initial thing. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huracan View Post
    Or if you have dial from homescreen disabled, when you go into the phone app and just start typing someone's name, the resulting list acts pretty much like you describe. I don't think it happens from the address book app itself.

A nice feature I think, on the phone app if you type the initials of someone's name separated by space (ie john smith you type 'j s' or 's j') you get everyone in your address book with those initial, roll down to highlight and shazamm!!!

where do you able/disable dial from homescreen? thanks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ingranmaw View Post
    where do you able/disable dial from homescreen? thanks
    Go into call logs hit menu and bring up options. You can change it there.

what does dial from homescreen do?

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you set it to 'yes' from the home screen just punch a number or type an address book name and the phone app is brought up.
    However, set it to 'no' and now the homescreen shortcuts become available (ie b to open browser, m to open mailbox, do a search for others) and you can still dial quicky by pressing the send (green) button once first.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~