I don't really care for the Zen theme, but without it, you can't use themes. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

A Question for Non-Sprint 8830 Users

Advertisement

I don't really care for the Zen theme, but without it, you can't use themes. For those who have a device from another carrier, do you have the .cod file "net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_320x240_b.cod" on your device?

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Re: A Question for Non-Sprint 8830 Users

you can download the handheld software at Rimm. I think, let me know if I am mistaken.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Thanks, but I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the default ZEN theme. I don't use it, so it's taking up about 1.6 meg on my BB right now. The problem is, if you remove it, you don't have themes available.

I've been trying to pull some info from one using a HEX editor to find out what's inside, but there is little to nothing available on RIM's .cod file structure. I was trying to find out if this file is also installed on the devices of non-Sprint users.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Haven't used the 8830, but I don't see how the BB won't work without it. What if you change to another theme first, then try to delete it? What did your screen look like when you deleted it? I don't see that theme being so intertwined to the OS that you require it. Strange.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

The .cod file for the theme evidently has something in it that is required to display themes. You can install and use other themes without any problem, but it you remove that file, you get a white display, with black icons very similar to earlier versions of Blackberry. The exception is you will have colored icons where you had them before; Pocket Day, Telenav, etc.

shangomoons no está en línea Stack level 1

It might be possible to try downloading a new theme and the renaming it as the same name as the ZEN theme. This will tell you if there's something in the ZEN theme that enables theme display. If the new theme works, then there isn't. If it doesn't, then there is.

Best,
    Chris S