Every input method has stopped responding. I am able to sync and back-up the device ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B

Question 8830WE Help!!!

Advertisement

Every input method has stopped responding. I am able to sync and back-up the device but can't answer phone calls.
    I got no warning. It worked fine then 5 min later problem.

I tried to reload the OS and that did not work. Any ideas?? Is it a brick?
    Ken Crutcher
    PIN: 3280610B
    crutcherk@crutcherstudio.com

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You've reloaded the OS so you've obviously rebooted. Try sending service books and re-registering. If that doesn't do it, it may be time for a visit to you local carrier's store for a replacement. (?)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    Went to the local sprint repair center. Now I have a new shiny one.
    I got no warning the keypad and buttons were going to quit. I did not get it wet or droppe. Has anyone else heard of this happining?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by crutcherk View Post
    Went to the local sprint repair center. Now I have a new shiny one.
    I got no warning the keypad and buttons were going to quit. I did not get it wet or droppe. Has anyone else heard of this happining?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Glad you got it taken care of - sometimes there IS no warning, huh?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491
    Yeah mine is kindof like that but it likes to surf the web or send 50 blank sms's to who ever. I got the trackball clean by sprint but still does it. I guess it's time to take the baby in and trade her for a new one. It's kind of funny to see what my phone goes to on the web at time though.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you develop problems with the keyboard, scroll wheel (after cleaning), or mic, you may have a problem with the PCB. This is the circuit board that sits right under the keyboard and pearl assembly. I've found it on bb repair site (forgot actual site) for $50, and on ebay for $13 after shipping. My 8830 is limited to usage with a bluetooth headset as the mic doesn't work. There are instructions for disassembling the 8830 on this site. My part is enroute from Hong Kong and I'll report back once I get it and replace the board.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 08-24-2008 at 04:52 PM.