I have a user with an 8830 from Sprint. He is on our BES server. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

8830 wont play .wav attachments

Advertisement

I have a user with an 8830 from Sprint. He is on our BES server. We also have a mitel phone system. When a user gets a voice message on their desk phone, they also get a message on the BB with the vm attached as a .wav file. When this user gets a message like that, he can open it and see the attachment. When we tell the BB to open it we get the downloading screen but get an error. Pretty much " experienced an error". Other users including myself don't have this problem. I can forward the message from his inbox to mine and it plays. He can also open the attachment from his PC. He can open .jpg and .xls as attachments fine. I wiped his BB and loaded the latest 4.2.2 OS from Sprint, also wiped him from BES and re-added him. Same issue. Anyone know what would cause this?

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mine has never been able to play .wav files. I don't know much about them except that they were designed to play on the computer

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the same problem with a couple of my users. We have an Intertel phone system. Some users using the unified messaging can listen to their .wav attachments, while others can not. I haven't been able to figure out why.

I'm still looking into this because the user is persistent and keeps wanting the issue fixed. Will update soon...

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by STL8700 View Post
    I have the same problem with a couple of my users. We have an Intertel phone system. Some users using the unified messaging can listen to their .wav attachments, while others can not. I haven't been able to figure out why.

I'm still looking into this because the user is persistent and keeps wanting the issue fixed. Will update soon...
    Thanks, I haven't found a solution either, I see there is an update for BES 4.1.6, I may try and load that this week and see, but I think it's a limitation of the device or OS itself.

*Quick Edit, seems my BES is not running 4.1.2 or above, which is required for this ability it's 4.1.something. I have the 4.1.6 update, so we'll try that. Strange others don't have this problem, but we'll try updating the BES to see if this fixes things.
    Last edited by DCookSta; 07-21-2008 at 11:39 AM.

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I've updated to 4.1.6, and this user still can't play the attachments. He's on 4.2.2.196. I'm going to check with a couple other 8830WE users and see if they have this ability. I hope I won't have to switch this guy over into a Curve, but it's starting to look that way.

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I got this figured out from some other sources. Seems I needed to have Windows Media Player 10 or 11 installed on the BES server to install the proper codecs to play GSM 1.60 .wav files. I installed WMP10 and the attachments started to play for my 8830 user.