What's up stackers.Ok,i've got a choice to make.I can buy the 8830 or the Treo ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

dudrsnacks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e6a3aa

8830 Vs Treo 755p?

Advertisement

What's up stackers.Ok,i've got a choice to make.I can buy the 8830 or the Treo 755p.I really like the 8830 because well...its a BB(and BBs rock).But,I played around with the 755p the other day at Sprint and really liked it(size,look,keyboard and the Palm O.S. is very cool..simple but cool).Now I had an 8700c but it broke.And that pretty much sucks on the worst possible level because now i'm using a cell phone.AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!sorry.I was almost positive that i was going to get the 8830.But after playing around with it I'm not really liking the keyboard.I've got large hands and it's kinda diffcult to type on(for me).Everything else about it I like.But I text way more than I talk on the phone.So i already know that the keyboard is going to get on my nerves.Of course i've never owned a Treo so i'm kinda nervous about getting one.I LIKE BBs!But,I'm willing to switch if it would be worth it.So i could use alittle wisdom.Also,if you have any suggestions on other smartphones feel free to tell me.Thanks in advance.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8830 Vs Treo 755p?

What features are really important to you? The BB owns in the email department as everyone knows.
    IMO, the keyboard on the 88xx is a bit harder to type on than the 8700 or the 8300 series devices. Have you looked at a Curve?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks
    What's up stackers.Ok,i've got a choice to make.I can buy the 8830 or the Treo 755p.I really like the 8830 because well...its a BB(and BBs rock).But,I played around with the 755p the other day at Sprint and really liked it(size,look,keyboard and the Palm O.S. is very cool..simple but cool).Now I had an 8700c but it broke.And that pretty much sucks on the worst possible level because now i'm using a cell phone.AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!sorry.I was almost positive that i was going to get the 8830.But after playing around with it I'm not really liking the keyboard.I've got large hands and it's kinda diffcult to type on(for me).Everything else about it I like.But I text way more than I talk on the phone.So i already know that the keyboard is going to get on my nerves.Of course i've never owned a Treo so i'm kinda nervous about getting one.I LIKE BBs!But,I'm willing to switch if it would be worth it.So i could use alittle wisdom.Also,if you have any suggestions on other smartphones feel free to tell me.Thanks in advance.
    I am not a Sprint fan and never will be again. I have big hands also and trust me you will get used to the keyboard on the 8830. As a matter of fact you will grow to love it. BB makes a better product.....period. Blackberry/Rim is on top of it's game right now while palm is on it's knees. There is no other way to put it.

dudrsnacks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e6a3aa

I have looked at the curve and really like it.But it's through tmobile and I'm only able to go with Sprint right now.I actually wanted a curve but tmobile just isn't an option right now.Which sucks because the curve was my first choice.Trust me,I'm all about BBs.I was using WM devices before i got my 8700c.And once i got used to my BB,i was HOOKED to say the least.lol.But for some reason,I'm just really digging the Treo 755p.I just don't want to buy it and regret it.But i think that Sprint does a 30 day trial for new contracts.So..I think that I'll get the Treo 755p and see what i think.I already know that I like The 8830.So if the Treo sucks I'll just dump it and go with the 8830.But calm tiger,your sure that the keyboard is ok?It seemed way to cramped when I played around with it.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks
    I have looked at the curve and really like it.But it's through tmobile and I'm only able to go with Sprint right now.I actually wanted a curve but tmobile just isn't an option right now.Which sucks because the curve was my first choice.Trust me,I'm all about BBs.I was using WM devices before i got my 8700c.And once i got used to my BB,i was HOOKED to say the least.lol.But for some reason,I'm just really digging the Treo 755p.I just don't want to buy it and regret it.But i think that Sprint does a 30 day trial for new contracts.So..I think that I'll get the Treo 755p and see what i think.I already know that I like The 8830.So if the Treo sucks I'll just dump it and go with the 8830.But calm tiger,your sure that the keyboard is ok?It seemed way to cramped when I played around with it.
    You are right the keyboard is cramped. I didn't think I was going to get used to,but, I did and now I love it. And, yes, you are right, Sprint has a new phone return policy. I don't remember how many days though.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i had the 8800 and at first it took some time cause the keybored is a lil cramped and i also have large hands (you know what that means? you need big gloves) it will take you about a week to get used to it and you wont even know you ever had a problem with smaller cramped keys. the palm any palm device cant compare to a blckberry. hands down. i had a 650 back in the day. when it forst came out. and ill never ever look back. blackberry or nothing to me. my email is crutial. and if it takes some getting used to for a keybored im behind the 8800s now sprint on the other hand in my past experiance is terrible in general and all around lol. get the 8830 through verizon or the 8310 on att and youll be happy happy

GhstRydrByNight no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30C2D270

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hi. I am new here, but I can talk from experience. I just got my 8830 about 3 weeks ago and I love this thing! I tried both the Audiovox XV6700 and a Treo 700wx. Both of those phone together couldn't compare to the 8830. They froze up on me constantly and I was always having to hard reset them. I haven't had any problems with my blackberry yet. It works when you need it. The only drawback to the 8830 is the ringtone volume. It is seriously low amd hard to hear. A problem that RIM is working out. If I were you, I would go with the 8830.