I downloaded the beta 4.5.0.77 this morning and now all my ringers play loud now. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

8830 volume solved...hopefully

Advertisement

I downloaded the beta 4.5.0.77 this morning and now all my ringers play loud now. I hope for the final version it works for good. It almost scared me this morning when I got a text message. This is very good news for me. Not sure if anyone noticed or posted on this already. Now I'm off to play some more with my upgraded berry!

kingfishbc no está en línea Stack level 1

Os 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by James80 View Post
    I downloaded the beta 4.5.0.77 this morning and now all my ringers play loud now. I hope for the final version it works for good. It almost scared me this morning when I got a text message. This is very good news for me. Not sure if anyone noticed or posted on this already. Now I'm off to play some more with my upgraded berry!
    Where did you find OS 4.5 for the 8830?? The low volume on my 8830 is driving me nuts, but I can't find a 4.5 OS for my 8830 ANYWHERE. Maybe issue is specific to provider? I have alltel.

dp2164 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've had .77 for about two weeks. Ringers are sometimes too loud. Beautiful.

PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You're right DP sometimes they're too loud but I couldn't care less, I just turn the volume slightly lower lol. Sorry kingfish due to pinstack policy I cannot specify any kind of beta OS, however I just googled it and found it. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by James80 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You're right DP sometimes they're too loud but I couldn't care less, I just turn the volume slightly lower lol. Sorry kingfish due to pinstack policy I cannot specify any kind of beta OS, however I just googled it and found it. Hope this helps.
    Thanks James80-

Tried to reply via pm but was told I can't because I don't have 10 posts yet...oh well - I'll just do it here.

I found 4.5.0.77 and downloaded it, then opened it and installed it via desktop mgr. 4.6, which I had already installed. OS install went smooth as silk and my two issues, ring volume and larger media card support were immediately resolved.

Bummer is that this morning I cannot access edit sub-menus for my profiles. That is the menus for notification types, volumes, repetitions, etc. within profile menus simply won't function. And the notification edits I made in NORMAL profile last night did not take.

All in all I really like the functionality and appearance of the new OS, but I hope I can get to the bottom of the profile glitch.

Thanks again
    Last edited by kingfishbc; 09-10-2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: mispelling

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    wrong forum, but does anyone know if an official 8830 OS4.5 has been released?
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by dp2164 View Post
    I've had .77 for about two weeks. Ringers are sometimes too loud. Beautiful.
    Yeah, I have noticed I have had to turn it down a bit. When my alarm went off the first time after the install, (Playing "Take me on" by Aha) I about clung to the ceiling fan. Whoa! It's nice to have to much volume then not enough.

Follow Up

OK problem with profiles fixed, and my 8830 is now a real whizbang smart phone in every direction I can see.

Turned out the problem was that 4.5.0.77 doesn't download (just doesn't HAVE) sound files - ring tones, alerts, alarms etc. You have to scavenge a .cod file from the java folder in an older OS, change its name and add it to the java folder of the new OS on your computer, then open up DTM and it will see the new file as an update and download it to your handheld.

Happy Camper

rcarteraz07 no está en línea Stack level 1

.cod file you need

Looks like it worked. Just save that file into the loder files and then run the app loader with desktop manager and it will work like a charm! guaranteed! it fixed mine!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rcarteraz07; 09-23-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: file attachment worked

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for posting the file.

PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the info kingfish and rcarter! Now I can finally enjoy my 8830!

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2

not sure

hi guys, i just downloaded the 4.5.0.77 os for alltel 8830 and i'm still unsure about how to save the .cod file in the loader files and run the app loader. also, is this when you noticed the louder volume on your ringtones, or was it right away after downloading the os? i can't really tell any difference in the volume. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance, anthony