Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by MeatLoafT This OS (.148) is what came preloaded on my 8830, Is ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8830 Volume issue a fix near

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    This OS (.148) is what came preloaded on my 8830, Is the platform different? Mine doesn't show an A at the end, I'm not quite sure how to read that filename. In any case, I have this same problem, the ringtones are loud if you play them with the media player but for the ringers, alerts, alarms, etc. they are so quiet you can barely hear them.
    The .148 OS didn't really fix the ringer volume issue; it *marginally* increased the ringer volume while in the holster. A true bandaid fix that didn't really achieve it's intended purpose.
    Hopefully the next OS will...but I ain't keeping my fingers crossed.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

SO, anyone found out when the updated OS will be available?
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I did discover one thing. The free program "MyAlarm" works great with the volume not being cut down. With that and the media player using full volume, I'm guessing it's in the OS software itself. If it was written in BASIC, I'd say someone put a LET V=60 instead of LET V=100 in the code, lol. Anyway, my point was if you need the alarm feature to actually wake you up, MyAlarm works at full volume. I hope they fix this soon, I don't like missing calls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12