Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got the 8830 love the blackberry, but wish the would fix the problem with ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Lon0866 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down 8830 Volume issue a fix near

Advertisement

Just got the 8830 love the blackberry, but wish the would fix the problem with the volume. Does anyone know how to fix this issues. If tried the audicity deal and that didn't work.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Re: 8830 Volume issue a fix near

Volume for the music? Explain a bit on what application you're using if you could so we can give you a bt more support on this issue.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reno84
    Volume for the music? Explain a bit on what application you're using if you could so we can give you a bt more support on this issue.
    Lon must be talking about the ringer volume and vibrate. They SUCK! i have an 8830 and have the same issue. If I'm in an area with any background noise, it is difficult to hear the ring and the vibrate is not as good as my old BB75820. I would appreciate any help there as well, but I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done.

Thumbs down Re: 8830 Volume issue a fix near

Quote Originally Posted by Reno84
    I'm talking about the ringer and vibrate is very low. I keep missing calls and the settings are set to escalating. Any help with a fix for this would be great. Called Verizon and they aware of the issue.

sweep11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BFD519

I called verizon and went to the store, because I keep missing calls too. They said theyre working on it. Whatever that means

Thumbs up Re: 8830 Volume issue a fix near

Quote Originally Posted by sweep11
    I called verizon and went to the store, because I keep missing calls too. They said theyre working on it. Whatever that means

How I increased volume on the 8830
    At first, I just increased the profile setting to "Loud".
    This did not make my ringer much louder at all (BTW, I'm using a factory installed ringer).

Later on, I noticed that there is an "advanced..." setting on the bottom of the Profiles menu. I chose this setting then hit the key that brings up menus (the one to the left of the trackball with the 7 dots on it).

I chose "New Profile", then "Phone", then changed the Out of Holster "Volume" from the default "medium" to "high".

Afterwards, I named the profile (has to be done in order to save) and selected it from the Profiles menu resulting in a louder ringtone.

I'm a blackberry Newb so I'm not sure if this is general knowledge or not, but it worked well for me and if nothing else I hope this helps others that are new to this type of phone.

gmberger no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: 8830 Volume issue a fix near

Quote Originally Posted by sweep11
    I also went to the verizon store, the support techs new nothing about the ringer problem!
    it is quite disconcerting,
    Especiaaly when Sprint has a patch and verizon doesn't, HEY VERIZON CAN YA HEAR ME NOW!!!

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

Verizon sucks. We bought it and are locked for 2 years. What do they care? New customers? Nope, the majority of people won't know the issue until they get it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawabba
    Verizon sucks. We bought it and are locked for 2 years. What do they care? New customers? Nope, the majority of people won't know the issue until they get it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does Verizon not offer some sort of "buyer's regret" opt out for upgrades? I know Sprint (30 days) and Tmobile (14 days) do.

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon gives you 30 days...

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Ringer Volume was fixed in the New OS release from Verizon 8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel271_PL3.0.0.67_A4.2.2.148.exe

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I made mine by making a voice note of the sound/music and set that as my ringer and now its almost twice as loud!

BrianFeinzimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

jwhite4304 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8830 Volume issue a fix near???

Went to VZ store today to look at 8830 and after reading several threads on volume on the 8830 decided to check for myself. Went to a corporate store and set profile to loud and then called unit - three fee from unit and could barely hear ringer over store noise! If I had not been aware that the phone would ring, I would have missed it altogether.

Decided bad unit, so walked across parking lot to Circuit City and did same test with same test results!!!

Is a fix coming soon or is it possible that two different stores had bad units?

Jimbo

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Re: 8830 Volume issue a fix near

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    Ringer Volume was fixed in the New OS release from Verizon 8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel271_PL3.0.0.67_A4.2.2.148.exe

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

This OS (.148) is what came preloaded on my 8830, Is the platform different? Mine doesn't show an A at the end, I'm not quite sure how to read that filename. In any case, I have this same problem, the ringtones are loud if you play them with the media player but for the ringers, alerts, alarms, etc. they are so quiet you can barely hear them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast