can you download video off your home computer onto your bb. and i keep getting ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

pam8160 no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 video upload

Advertisement

can you download video off your home computer onto your bb. and i keep getting a no enough memory problem when i do. do i need more memory already.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 8830 video upload

Hello, Im sure the video has to go to your memory card, not your phone memory. If Im wrong someone will let us know.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

You will need to purchase a Micro SD card. Your device memory is only capable of a max of 12mb or 15mb for Multimedia (Pix, flix, music)

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Has ANYONE with an 8830 been able to load video onto their BB? Im starting to think this is just another disabled feature that we cant use. I have yet to find anything that will work on mine but will work on other phones.

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kaleb101
    Has ANYONE with an 8830 been able to load video onto their BB? Im starting to think this is just another disabled feature that we cant use. I have yet to find anything that will work on mine but will work on other phones.
    Yes you can load video. You will most likely need to convert the file. You can get free video converter software to do it . This can be found at www.handango.com. It's called: Blackberry Video Converter. You can probably get it free off Pinstick, but I can't vouch for it. This will convert the file to avi. It iwas created by Seabyrd Technologies. Did I mention, It's FREE?
    Good luck!

PENorwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I actually have several converted youtube clips and even the full length movie Mission Impossible III on my media card, so yes it is definitely possible! There are a few free programs out there but the one I found worked the best is MediaStudio for Blackberry. It cost $34.95 but it converts DVD's in less than an hour to a small enough size to fit on a 512 MB card.

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Quote Originally Posted by Akakios
    I haven't converted movies to my 8830 yet, although it is tempting, but I do throw files from Youtube on there all the time. I use an online converter for it though, its quick and simple. I convert them to 3GP for Mobile. Here's the link for that site, you just copy and paste the Youtube URL into their little URL window, click the type of file you want it converted to and hit start. It takes about 30 seconds to a minute depending on the file size, then you click the download it right to your 'puter.
    http://vixy.net/
    Thanks for this, I've been trying to load a few You Tube videos onto the 8830 without much success, this works like a charm.

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

Any luck with tv shows?

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Any way to do this OTA?

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Does anyone besides me use the Roxio Media Manager that comes with DM? I've been using it since I upgraded to the 8830 to move video files from my computer to my berry (converting during the move) and haven't had one single, solitary problem (I do currently have a 2 GB Micro). Roxio Media Manager is another free app that comes with DM ver 4.2.

MSMONICA no está en línea Stack level 1

i been using Roxio Media Manager ..works perfectly fine for tranferring my files

premiumo0o no está en línea Stack level 1

Roxio usually works ok for me but when I try and put like entourage or an episode of the office on the video works but there is no sound.. any suggestions?

drac666 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: 8830 video upload

After doing extensive research on trying to figure out how to convert videos in a simple and very fast way, I was able to figure a simple and quick solution of converting videos for the BB Verizon 8830 version. Verizon video requirements are different then Sprint, etc.

These simple steps including FLV's to the verizon 8830.

Blackberry video converter does not work with the Verizon version which is confirmed on their page.
    Instructions:

1. Download Super by eRightSoft and Install
    > Extremly simple and very powerful video converter (does PS3, PSP, IPOD etc) and best part is that it’s FREE

2. Apply the settings these settings http i20.tinypic.com/2rpfifc.jpg in the super program.
    > Right click to export the settings to a file afterwards if you'd like to save them.

3. Drag video files to the files pane and click encode. That’s it.
    > You can eliminate a few additional steps such as saving the file. If your BB is connected and appears as a drive letter, right click on the super screen and select output file saving management and select your BB drive and video folder so that is converts directly.

Note, you can also drag FLV files which are flash video files most commonly used by youtube etc... With most websites, when you're viewing a video the FLV file is copied to your browsers temp folder.
    To locate the temp folder in IE 7, open IE 7 and click Tools >> Internet Options >> Settings >> View Files >> sort by size and you should see the file. When viewing the video, you have the wait until the caching bar completes for the above file to appear.

BTW, this app has just about any codec out there so no need to install separate codecs etc.
    Last edited by drac666; 10-10-2007 at 07:40 PM.

kash4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sorry if i posted in the Wrong Thrend just got a BB dont know anything about it i just want to download video and when i run Media Manager ROxio pops up i can see the Pics and Ringtone Folder but i do not see the Music and Video folder please help how i can get this to come up

thanks in Advacne

JBUTTOO no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MSMONICA View Post
    i been using Roxio Media Manager ..works perfectly fine for tranferring my files
    I have BB.8830 world edition: I am having trouble in down loading videos on my BB. Can you let me know how you were successful in downloading videos. James