I just recently got a wired headset for my bb8830 (It's actually an LG model ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

absolutdi no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 video sound comes from speakers not headphones

Advertisement

I just recently got a wired headset for my bb8830 (It's actually an LG model that is a 2.5mm jack, mic+button, and a 3.5mm jack). When listening to music, everything goes beautifully. But when watching a video (any video, including the blackberry demo one) the audio comes out of the headphones as it should -- until I hit the stop button or access the menu. The sound then switches to come out of the speakers for just under a second.

It's annoying, since that speaker is fairly loud, to be on a subway watching a TV show and pause, only to have everyone around me hear my phone play about a second of the show I was just watching aloud.

Does anyone else have this problem? My first instinct would be to blame the headset, but I'm on my second one (the first was an adapter with the 2 rings not 3, it only got mono) and they have done the same thing. Also, the music player works as expected.

As an aside, any video I watch on the thing falls out of sync after a few minutes. But that is a topic for another day.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8830 video sound comes from speakers not headphones

I would try checking the setting under the media player if nothing seems out of the ordinary then i would probably still blames the headphones....The videos being out of sync may due to the rate of coversion. try something at lower conversion rate
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

There really aren't many settings in the media player.

I want to blame the headphones too, but it has now happened with 2 pairs. The one I need to try is the seido model, but those are pricey and I can't buy them locally (so returning them just isn't going to happen). I'd like to know that they would solve my problems before I buy them.

Does anyone know a good place to get accessories in Manhattan? I have been checking out the crazy "we sell everything cell phone" stores and haven't had much luck.

Oh, and you were right about the video issue. I just converted one with Roxio and it worked beautifully.

Still no love... I've been experimenting with different settings, restarting, etc. I can make it stop happening if I turn the volume to 0 before stopping the video, but there is no way I will remember to do this each time (and doing it is annoying).

So does anyone know of any 2.5mm headsets that I can test with that might be available to me locally? Even if they aren't stereo, or the seido, if someone knows of one that will go into the jack and doesn't cause this problem, I will try it out and see if the problem is actually with the headset.

dyehead no está en línea Stack level 1

I had a similar issue with the audible application, what fixed it for me believe it or not (and I assume you've tried this) is to take the battery out and do a full hard reset..

I have done a few hard resets. I have now tried 4 headsets on the thing, all have the same problem, including a blackberry original.

What was interesting was going into Verizon with a headset... and seeing the 8830 demo model there had the exact same problem as mine! So this must be happening to others as well, but apparently not everybody? I run the latest BB OS.

TreBlack7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there any resolution to this problem??

I am experiencing this exact same problem, and it is extremely ANNOYING! Especially since it seemed to be working fine just an hour or so ago. I am using a pretty decent Sony Headset with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that is now giving me a headache because the sound will come through the speakerphone after only playing in the headset for a couple of seconds. Tried everything I can think of so far including hard resets, disconnecting/reconnecting the headset, etc.....Anyone else have a resoluiton that worked?