Having a hard time getting stable video on my 8830. Video plays for several seconds ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

geofftate no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 video crashes

Advertisement

Having a hard time getting stable video on my 8830. Video plays for several seconds and then the device crashes. The screen goes black, the red light comes on, and the device does a full long reset. I've tried different videos from different sources, of different lengths, sizes, and ARs. I've tried converting with SUPER (C) and loading via card reader, as well as using the standard Roxio MM converter. I've tried a different microSD card (currently using a 4GB Sandisk). I'm running the latest RIM firmware, using the built-in media player software. Source files tend to be DivX/XviD AVIs converter to MP4. From all I'm reading, folks claim to be able to play those no prob. Any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by geofftate; 11-06-2007 at 07:50 PM.

beathuh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31bb7c46

Re: 8830 video crashes

thought the 8830 only supported a 2gb memory card, could be wrong dunno, other than that i dunno what to tell ya, mean i copy dvds no problem using the media manager but i do advanced settings n make sure the its on mp4 best quality and mp3 for audio, also make sure its saved as title.mp4 ( make sure suffix is at end of title) other than that no idea what to say, oh i use the blackberry video convertor to save the video the video as one file but if already an avi would htink the media manager would do the trick

geofftate no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 supports 4GB, its specs were just never updated for this newer size card. Yeah, I can't find anything different with the way I do it vs the way everyone else seems to. Frustrating. What are your source files? Thanks

PIN/ID
    31bb7c46

ive used everything from dvd vob files to 3gp files to avi files n wmv files n all n never really had a problem like ur having

PIN/ID
    31bb7c46

i do kno i had to download the ffdshow video codecs to actually watch the mp4 file on the comp, because in my media manager nothing would show up but a black screen n title n then after i installed the codecs its started putting a picture of what the file was on the screen in media manager, not sure really what else to tell ya but good luck