Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by visortgw Actually, form the home screen , use the sequence "f" (to ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

JDWX no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
    Actually, form the home screen , use the sequence "f" (to launch Profiles) followed by "v" (for Vibrate) followed by the Enter key (to execute the change) -- Dial from Home Screen must be disabled.

FYI, the shortcuts for Profiles selection are as follows:
    • A: Advanced;
    • L: Loud;
    • N: Normal;
    • O: Off;
    • P: Phone Only;
    • Q: Quiet; and
    • V: Vibrate.

Hmmm... Pressing F from home screen gets me the option to assign a speed dial to F, is there something I don't have turned off on the 8830?

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3
    In order to enable shortcuts from the home screen, you must disable "Dial From Home Sreeen" under General Options for the Phone application Options. This forces you to hit the green button to launch the Phone app prior to dialing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    This is because you don't have "Dial From Home Screen" set to No. To set it to No Follow the below directions

Press Menu Key>Call Log>Menu Key Again>Options>General Options
    Set "Dial From Home Screen" to No

Note: If you set "Dial From Home Screen" to No you will need to get into the call log to make calls

JDWX no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, (per the instructions I quotedin my post) I do havethe "dial from home screen set to no"...

However, I guess I'm stupid and was holding the button too long instead a quick press.... If I hold the button a sec, it does the assign thing.

Thank you for the replies nonetheless. THIS is a very helpful shortcut that I am in need of as I have quite often have to switch vibrate very quickly. This is very cool.

Thanks very much!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Tap the key for less than 1/2 second to invoke the shortcut key. If you hold it down longer than that Speed Dial will be invoked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12