Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I use the application loader or the OTA the theme always goes to applications ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

circpro no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 theme loads into applications

Advertisement

When I use the application loader or the OTA the theme always goes to applications and is not loadable in themes. I can remove it, but I am at wits end. Any help would be appriciated.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8830 theme loads into applications

Quote Originally Posted by circpro
    When I use the application loader or the OTA the theme always goes to applications and is not loadable in themes. I can remove it, but I am at wits end. Any help would be appriciated.
    Welcome to the stacks. What happens when you try and load the theme? When you download the theme it is going to chow up in apps but you shoudl be able to go to options, theme and change to the theme you would like. Post back and let me know what happens when you try.

That's the problem, it shows up as an application, but when I go to options-themes, it's not available

That's the problem, it shows up as an application, but when I go to options-themes, it's not available
    Not availible as in missing, does not show up under the themes. What OS do you have and where did you get the theme. Sounds like the theme is not written for your OS.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had this problem once. You need to load the theme ota or whatever you use it will show up in apps. Then do a battery pull 30 seconds and place battery back in device let it boot up now go options themes and it should show up. With verizon 8830 the theme is there you choose it but unlike preloaded themes there is no preview before choosing it hope this helps let us know

Quote Originally Posted by PDUB204
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had this problem once. You need to load the theme ota or whatever you use it will show up in apps. Then do a battery pull 30 seconds and place battery back in device let it boot up now go options themes and it should show up. With verizon 8830 the theme is there you choose it but unlike preloaded themes there is no preview before choosing it hope this helps let us know
    Normally i would agree with you but the OP said that it happens when he loads from application loader too. Right circpo?

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine did it with the app loader and that was the remedy. The only time I had the problem was with black iphone theme ota and apploader. Worked fine but I became skeptical and deleted

I tried both the app loader and OTA. I can see it as a valid application. I have the latest 4.2 software and latest desktop software (sp2)

It is a plazimic theme created by someone else, downloaded from *********.com

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you downloaded other themes? Try one from pinstack and it will load the plazmic theme loader and once that's loaded try again

I tried the battery removal, still just shows up in applications

snodgrkc no está en línea Stack level 1

dude...same thing happened to me and it was from a theme i found here at pinstack. shows up in apps, but when you go to themes to select it, not there. i gave up. i found myself determined and spent about 3 hours on it and then it hit me. it's just a theme, haha! good luck, though.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am personally addicted to the verizon zen theme with ferrari wallpaper. Very nice

Well, the pinstack theme worked. Maybe the other theme is not compatable even though it shows up in the applications?

It is a plazimic theme created by someone else, downloaded from *********.com
    What OS do you have and what os is the theme written for? if you have 4.2.1 and it is written for 4.2.2 it will not work. If you can post a link to where you got it maybe i can take a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast