ARGH! I need some help. I have the VZW 8830 and was successfully tethering until ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

diannelcampbell no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 Tethering troubles w/ BB Desktop manager

Advertisement

ARGH! I need some help. I have the VZW 8830 and was successfully tethering until last night. I did not have the BB desktop manager installed, but was successfully going through the VZAcess manager. Wanted to download an alert software and read that I needed to install the BB Desktop manager first. I had the software on a disk -new with the 8830 and installed it. Immediatly after installing it I could no longer tether to the internet. I am now at work and the trouble is that I can't get online at home - where my problems are. What should I do? Also, I spent FOREVER on the phone with verizon texch support last night. They said that they were configured correctly and it was a software problem from BB. I keep getting an error message that the VZAccess manager no longer rocognizes that my BB is plugged into the USB. I have tried to uninstall the BB desktop in hopes that things might go back to normal, but no such luck. Not sure what I screwed up, had the BB plugged in and wonder if I reconfigured settings or something. I have done a battery pull. The computer keeps telling me that it isn't recognizing the BB when pluged in. The BB still works fine for browseing, phoning and such, but not at all for tethering. Any ideas?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Re: 8830 Tethering troubles w/ BB Desktop manager

Before you try that do this one very little simple stept:

Your most likely using a laptop?
    you need to start your pc 1st. run the desktop - THAN plug in the usb. For some reason you can not start the laptops with the usb pluged in 1st. I have seen this issiue all over the place and this seems to be an easy fix.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 8830 Tethering troubles w/ BB Desktop manager

Thanks for the help Bulz Eye. Hey diannelcampbell, is everything good now?