Add me to the growing list of frustrated 8830 users having problems with stereo headphones. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Sgooter no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 Stereo Headphone Problems

Advertisement

Add me to the growing list of frustrated 8830 users having problems with stereo headphones.
    I unsuccessfully tried using a Radio Shack 2.5mm-3.5mm adapter with my set of headphones. Next, I bought a headset/mic adapter from a nearby Verizon store, which other users reported having some success, but it did not work for me.
    A BB stereo headset is in shipment to me now. If it doesn't work, then the problem may be the headphone jack itself.
    I'm hoping that, during my frequent flights abroad, I'll be able to use my noise canceling headphones to listen to all the fine MP3 music I've put on the SD card, which was one of the main reasons for my getting the 8830.

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

Re: 8830 Stereo Headphone Problems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i use the jabra stero headset works excellent.

Update: The BB headset arrived today, and it works perfectly in the 8830. I've just ordered the Seidio adapter so that I can use my noise canceling headphones. At least now I know the headphone jack is working OK. Next step is to head back to Radio Shack and Verizon to return their adapters, which were incompatible with the 8830.

I've now tried the Jabra C220S wired headset and it works fine.
    If you're interested in buying this particular Jabra headset model, PM me for add'l info.
    Also the Seidio 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter is excellent; great volume on standard 3.5mm headphones.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

I thought that stereo was not available in the 8800 until there was going to be a new OS release! Am I missing something?

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

The new 4.2.2.148 software is available on the VZW Smith Micro site. This update will enable Bluetooth stereo.

I have tried the Jabra BT8010 and the Motorola HT820 and they both work great as Bluetooth Stereo headsets for Music on the 8830. Still not sure why it doesnt work for Video.

Neither work all that great for phonecalls.

I have also tried a low end 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter, and it was way too tight. Very difficult to separate. However, it worked just fine while plugged in.

dnmch2o no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c1f743

I had problems finding a stereo solution until I went to Best buy and purchased the Just Wireless Ultra Stereo Headset Adapter($15). I then purchased some cheapo earbuds from Walmart ($.98)and they worked fine.

Great Info here, however lack of sleep has me asking the following! I can upgrade my OS to the VZW one even though I have a Cingy and all should be fine. After this I should be able to use a BT headset or a regular headset with a 2.3-3.5mm adaptor and everything is going to be in stereo, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinrich
    The new 4.2.2.148 software is available on the VZW Smith Micro site. This update will enable Bluetooth stereo.
    Do you download just the handheld OS or also the desktop software from VZW?

Temporalist no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Just Wireless worked fine for me too

I should first say thanks since I just got my Blackberry 8830 a few weeks back and found this forum immediately helpful

I had the same headphone problem with my Bose buds and tried the radioshack adapter but that didn't work. Tried the Just Wireless from Bestbuy and it worked but I needed to plug and unplug the headphones as the music was playing.

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporalist View Post
    I should first say thanks since I just got my Blackberry 8830 a few weeks back and found this forum immediately helpful

I had the same headphone problem with my Bose buds and tried the radioshack adapter but that didn't work. Tried the Just Wireless from Bestbuy and it worked but I needed to plug and unplug the headphones as the music was playing.

I found a pair at a VZW store that were for a old LG phone and they cost me $3. They work great too. I dont know what phone, but they are blue.