Hello from Wisconsin where it was 52 degrees on my way to work this morning ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

snoebel no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 SecurIDLib - Removal of the 2.0 version

Advertisement

Hello from Wisconsin where it was 52 degrees on my way to work this morning and now at 5pm it's 10 degress with a 30 below wind chill factor. Nice ha.

Say, I've got an 8830 and as you know or are about to hear, it is one of those devices that comes with a SecurIDLib library. Version 2.0 to be exact. If you're not familiar with the function of this library, in simple terms if you use a Secure ID KeyFob to gain access into your company via VPN, the syncing of the key fob can be transferred over to your BBerry. i.e. no more hauling around a key fob.

Anyway, the 8830 is special in that it comes with this library however the library version necessary to make this work is version 2.1.1. I need to remove the 2.0 library. Some of the blogs mention the use of the Java Loader Client software and even present some code options. This language was pretty foreign to me and I'm looking for assistance. Has anyone removed the 2.0 and installed the 2.1.1 and have some directions.

Thank you,
    Scott
    scottnoebel@gmail.com

snoebel no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8830 SecurIDLib - Removal of the 2.0 version

ANSWER:

Step one: load the Blackberry JDE 4.3.3 application software. This is software that allows one to create apps for BBerry devices etc etc.

JavaLoader.exe comes with the BlackBerry JDE, you can download it here:
    blackberry.com/developers/na/java/tools/index.shtml

Next: Run this command from where ever the Javaloader.exe files exists: javaloader -usb erase -f securidlib.cod

Example: D:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin>javaloader -usb era
    se -f SecurIDLib.cod

Hope this someone out there.
    Scott