Can the ring volume on the 8830 be set any higher? I used the profiles ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jelane1014 no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 Ring Volume

Advertisement

Can the ring volume on the 8830 be set any higher? I used the profiles setting to go to high but still not as loud as when you test the ringtone while setting it.

genoist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3179F2D7

Re: 8830 Ring Volume

I know that (with VZW at least) the latest OS upgrade was supposed to address ringer volume. I never had a problem with the old OS, so I can't say for sure how much good it does. I just created my own ringers with increased volume using Audacity.

celfon no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my husbands verizon bb8830 does the same thing. he had the software updated but still has same probs w/ ringer & PHONE locking up if he gets another call when he's on phone

Antler no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had my phone about two days and I have the same problem with low ringtone volume.. Also, it would nice if the menus were more intuitive on this thing.

dlangs01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B85E47

Try downloading wavepad from cnet.com you can amplfy your music and ringers up two 400 percent then redownload back into the phone you also want to make sure the media player volvume is turned up all the way~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Or download a new, louder ringer. But I agree, the latest OS definitely made a difference in ringer volume.

chichka no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My 8830 from vzw has the same issue but what's more annoying is that it tends to vibrate twice before the ringer starts. Can the vibrate-before-ringing be removed?

Ok. I found an option under the profiles that helped me solve my problem and hopefully help others. Go to profiles and scroll all the way down till you see advanced. Once there choose "Loud" then scroll down to phone and click to access the menu. Third option down is volume. I noticed mine was set to medium and changed it to high. While th is still not as loud as the ringtone through media player, it is much louder and now I can hear the ringtone in my coat pocket. Hope this helps others out there!

MauiBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    AskMePlz

Verizon has the update... does Sprint, though??

davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e

Quote Originally Posted by chichka View Post
    My 8830 from vzw has the same issue but what's more annoying is that it tends to vibrate twice before the ringer starts. Can the vibrate-before-ringing be removed?

edit your profile and change "Out of holster: Vibrate+tone"

-to-

"Out of Holster: Tone"

try it.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

That's right, and unfortunately, if you want it to vibrate at all, that's the way it is. Can't have vibrate and ring at the same time.

Grayerwolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CFE37C

Quote Originally Posted by chichka View Post
    Ok. I found an option under the profiles that helped me solve my problem and hopefully help others. Go to profiles and scroll all the way down till you see advanced. Once there choose "Loud" then scroll down to phone and click to access the menu. Third option down is volume. I noticed mine was set to medium and changed it to high. While th is still not as loud as the ringtone through media player, it is much louder and now I can hear the ringtone in my coat pocket. Hope this helps others out there!
    I just pick up my 8830 on Saturday and am so new to this. Under Profiles I only have loud,vibrate, quiet and normal. Am I not looking at the correct place?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i went thru the same thing. I'm totally new to bb but have read enough of these forums to be able to learn almost everything I need to know. With my vzw bb all I saw was the 4 options but if u KEEP SCROLLING past the bottom option, it will show up! Good luck. Hope you love ur bb as much as I do!