I have encountered a problem which, I'm sure, others have. I have my 8830 keypad ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

paulw no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 redialing issues

Advertisement

I have encountered a problem which, I'm sure, others have. I have my 8830 keypad locked and holstered. Yet, it will redial the last number dialed. Not all the time, but is happening sporadically. This can lead to embarrasing situations since the party that is unkowingly dialed can overhear whatever you may be discussing at the time. Also, have 8830 set " not to dial from homepage". Also, I have no numbers listed in Speed Dial. Any suggestions would be appreciated

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8830 redialing issues

I think when you hit the green button twice in a row, it will dial the last dialed number.

My suggestion would be to create a simple password and not allow dialing when the device is locked. With no dialing from the home screen, hitting the letter K will lock the device.

I know a password sounds like a PITA, but you'll be surprised at how quickly you get used to it - especially if you make it something easy to enter with one hand.
    JerryD

paulw no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8830 redialing issues

The password is a PITA, but I think you're right. It's the only sure way to guarantee that the device won't redial inadvertantly.

Thanks for your reply.........