When I unlock my 8830, sometimes the home screen will appear, other times my Profiles ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tjguzik no está en línea Stack level 3

8830 Question

Advertisement

When I unlock my 8830, sometimes the home screen will appear, other times my Profiles (phone only) menu will appear, which, then I will have to hit my "back" button to get back to the home screen. Is anyone else having this problem?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: 8830 Question

are you using a holster to lock it?
    I have noticed when i put my pearl in the holster i hit the trackball right before it locks, othertimes I hit the green send button.
    when I unlock it the requested task is right there. never really thought about it though
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

I am locking it, then putting it in the holster, sometimes I don't even holster it. When I unlock it by hitting the * Send, sometimes I get the Home screen, somethimes I get the Profies (Phone only) menu. I can't find a pattern.

rgershbock no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tjguzik
    When I unlock my 8830, sometimes the home screen will appear, other times my Profiles (phone only) menu will appear, which, then I will have to hit my "back" button to get back to the home screen. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I looks like an undocumented shortcut. If the 8830 is locked, holding the enter key for 2 seconds, then unlocking with * + call will bring up profiles.

You may be right. I just tried that and it did just what you said, but I don't remember doing that before, but who knows, maybe I should be more careful!!! Thanks.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

I have an 8830, but cannot duplicate that issue. I have tried the Enter + * + call, but it only takes me to the home screen with my icons. Could your convenience key be set to Profiles (Default is Voice dialing). I normally have a password set, so the (enter + * + call) isnt available. I had to disable my password. But it still didnt bring up the profiles.

Which Theme are you set to?

I have it set to whatever it came with, Verizon, I guess. It happened again to me this morning and I know I did not hit enter, so I don't know what the problem is.

homer2568 no está en línea Stack level 1

is your convenience key set to pulling up profiles?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Most likely you're hitting keys by accident before it actually locks.