I have a fairly new 8830. In the last few months it has started a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

carycary no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 Problems

Advertisement

I have a fairly new 8830. In the last few months it has started a thing where it won't connect to the internet or send or receive email. I have checked the connections and it says it is connected to the network but when I click on "Services Status" it says it is not connect to both the BB internet service or the BB enterprise server.
    There is only one thing that fixes this issue and that is removing the battery and replacing it.
    This happens every few days and my battery compartment door is not going to hold up to being taken off every few days. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it without removing the battery?

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

Re: 8830 Problems

I had the same issue with mine at first with sprint. I downloaded the pearl soft reset program so I don't have to take out the battery but I later found a better fix just go to your manage connections and uncheck the network check box wait three seconds and recheck it. That will reconnect you to the network. It should help

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

carycary no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, I will try that.

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

I hope it helps

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have not posted in a while due to have been trying the Sprint 8830 since October. And I must tell you carycary something.

I can personally tell you from experience about internet problems/email etc. I have been with Tmobie/Veriz/ and now Sprint over the past 2 years. They all have internet problems and email problems. There may be a few days where you will have no problems and then out of nowhere no internet/no email for a few days. Battery pulls ususally fix this. Or you could spend numerous minutes or hours with Tech Support like I have. Don't waste your time unless your phone is actually dead or acts like it has a real problem. Just deal with the fact that your world is not perfect nor is Tmobiles,Verizons or Sprints.

Cell phone companies will tell you anything much the same as a car salesman. "Get the product sold fix it later". I just cannot see what the point of having a BB with internet is if it works only 1/2 the time or when I need it to work it won't. Very aggravating. I have also tried a windows mobile based internet phone with similar disappointments.

Sure RIM has the easiest to navigate phones out there but where does the problem stem from? The phone carriers ? The amount of air traffic? The program writers? Or RIM themselves?.

I think we as a consumer have been misled and will continue to be misled.

P.S. I use soft restet all the time. But its is very annoying to have to constantly reset your phone. And BB weather is a joke most of the time and many other apps are pointless due to their ineffectiveness at causing joy with what the writers claim their program will do for you.

There are alot of BB junkies in the world and I am one of them.

Any BB user on this website or any other BB site would be a liar if they disagreed with my point.