I recently bought and installed a PCB keyboard from GSM. Now the keys produces different ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

RickMarshall no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 PCB Keyboard

Advertisement

I recently bought and installed a PCB keyboard from GSM. Now the keys produces different results. For example, "Q" is "Del" and "P" is "Enter". I reseated the connector seval times with the same results.

Does RIM make multiple versions of Keyboards? GSM advertised this for 8800, 8820, and 8830.

RickMarshall no está en línea Stack level 1
    After closer inspection, the keyboard that came with my Sprint 8830 is slightly different. Mine has a Lot Date Code of DC2807. The OEM replacement keyboard carries a Lot Date Code of DC3307. Made only five weeks apart, but mine has two extra surface mount parts on it, and no corresponding pads on the OEM board. So it is a different board. The only marking difference beyond LDC is an 'S' on my board and a 'G' on the OEM board.

If anyone knows where I can get a Sprint 8830 Keyboard, let me know.

Thanks

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    BBRepairshop.com is showing them in stock. They even offer a 24 hour turn around if you prefer to send it to them for the repair, at a cost though.
    On the other hand, it could be GSM sent you an incorrect part, maybe you could exchange it for the right one.
    Let us know how it goes.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    cnn.cn is also a good place to get BB and other device parts. It takes about a week for the product to arrive since it's China, but I've ordered a keyboard, and two Moto Q screen covers without a problem.

jgaines1217 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem. I ordered a new PCM from BBrepairshop.com and installed it, and same thing...P is enter, A is L, trackball doesn't work. What did you end up doing to fix it?