Hello all. I have read over similar threads and haven't found the answer I need. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

dplette no está en línea Stack level 1

8830,Parallels, Desktop Manager locks up

Advertisement

Hello all.

I have read over similar threads and haven't found the answer I need.

I am running Windows XP on Parallels on a Mac OSx machine. I have had success running Desktop Manager in the past with older BB's so this setup has worked before. Bought 8830 World phone, wouldn't work with Desktop so I have loaded, unloaded and re-loaded Desktop manager 4.3 a number of times to try to get it to work.

DM recognizes my BB when I connect it but it keeps trying to do the "first time with a new BB" checks and the BB seems to time out ("connecting to Desktop" screen on BB times out)

One other clue is that when I do Device/USB to connect the BB in Parallels, it recognizes "RIM composite device" or sometimes RIM mass storage device but not a BB. XP itself recognizes Smartphone, BB.

Next thing I am going to try is reinstall DM but only select the features I need, not applications loader and the rest.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

sesso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F766D
    mine did that too. so i got rid of parallels and starting using vmware 2.0 fusion and it works perfectly. im on a macbook pro with leopard and used VMware and windows Xp with DM 4.6
    Cant wait for the Storm!!!!

my myspace twitter me My Blog

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I had a problem with DM when running a XP in a virtual OS also. I believe it was VMware though. I switched over to bootcamp and everything works much better.. it's more of a hassle, but it "feels" much more stable.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you, just my experience.

sesso no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F766D
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I had a problem with DM when running a XP in a virtual OS also. I believe it was VMware though. I switched over to bootcamp and everything works much better.. it's more of a hassle, but it "feels" much more stable.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you, just my experience.
    weird .. lol my friends works with parallels too but eh. I couldnt use bootcamp cuz my bootcamp couldnt creat a partition for some reason.
    Cant wait for the Storm!!!!

my myspace twitter me My Blog

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried a newer version of DM?