Can someone please tell me exactly how to re-load the same OS on my 8830. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

8830 OS Re-load

Advertisement

Can someone please tell me exactly how to re-load the same OS on my 8830.
    I am running 4.2.2.176. I'm have a problems w/txt messages and Verizon said to re-install. I downloaded a fresh version and ran it, it asked me if I wanted to repair or remove, so I chose repair of course, after I ran it, it did not ask for a restart or anything? Did I do something wrong?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    No, you can do a battery pull after you do the restart if it doesn't do it for you. If that doesn't solve the issue then it doesn't sound like that re-installing the OS was the issue.

What kind of issues are you having?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Txt error

when i turn off my phone at night then turn it on it the am, I can't send txt messages, I get a packet error, then I do a battery pull and restart then the txt messages work. Thanks for your help.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Since you have the os downloaded, you would do best to backup the BB then wipe it with jl_cmdr. That way the old os gets wiped off the BB. Then connect to the pc and open desktop manager. The manager should see there is no OS on the phone and reload it for you. Then you can run for a few then restore your backup.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~