Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Just update to .77. going to check to see the major improvement from .51....so far ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

  1. #46
    mcky's Avatar
    mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    116

    Advertisement



    Just update to .77. going to check to see the major improvement from .51....so far it is said that the 2 second delay after answering a call in resolve.

  2. #47
    mcky's Avatar
    mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    116
    .77 is running stable...doc to go still have to be update to get all three app, high ringtone is just fine. although i did not have a problem since .51. There is a difference in free space after installation.

  3. #48
    kermalou's Avatar
    kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    95
    Just updated to .77 and the memory problems i had were fixed but now I cant change any ringers or any profiles....

  4. #49
    tbonanno's Avatar
    tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    57
    Updated to .77 and now I have NO ringers at all... Missed numerous calls before I noticed. Back to .51 for me. Anyone else on .77 notice that they lost their ringers ? Maybe something about my specific setup.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

  5. #50
    white2003's Avatar
    white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    149
    I was on another website and they said this update deleted the 8830 default ringtones. On the 8330 it didn't delete them. They said you can redownloaded them from http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ringtones.html

    edit: I don't use any of the default ring tones so I would actually like it. I don't want to risk breaking my phone though. Just going to wait till the final version is out.

  6. #51
    mcky's Avatar
    mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonanno View Post
    Updated to .77 and now I have NO ringers at all... Missed numerous calls before I noticed. Back to .51 for me. Anyone else on .77 notice that they lost their ringers ? Maybe something about my specific setup.
    As I have posted on another site. Here is a quick fix if u need the Preloaded ringtones install to the device instead of on a sim card.

    "To resolve the ringtones problem... All u have to do is copy "net_rim_bb_medialoader_qualcomm.cod" from the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.51_P3.2.0.41\Java" and paste it into the loader files folder for .77. Rename the file to:- "net_rim_bb_medialoader_8830.cod".
    Do an application update from DM/Application Loader.
    After a battery pull all preloaded ringtones should be listed.."
    Last edited by mcky; 08-29-2008 at 06:39 PM.

  7. #52
    zpearl2000's Avatar
    zpearl2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1

    Unable to synchronize Blackberry to Windows Vista

    I am unable to synchronize Blackberry to Windows Vista. After installing the Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.3.0.17 (Nov 17, 2007) I get an error message. The message is on the Intell sync Dialog Box. It states "Unkown Error Reported"

  8. #53
    tbonanno's Avatar
    tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    57
    Thanks wihite2003 and mcky. I'm back in business with ringtones and ver 4.5.0.77.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

  9. #54
    alryder's Avatar
    alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by mcky View Post
    As I have posted on another site. Here is a quick fix if u need the Preloaded ringtones install to the device instead of on a sim card.

    To resolve the ringtones problem... All u have to do is copy net_rim_bb_medialoader_qualcomm.cod from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.51_P3.2.0.41\Java and paste it into the loader files folder for .77. Rename the file to:- net_rim_bb_medialoader_8830.cod.
    Do an application update from DM/Application Loader.
    After a battery pull all preloaded ringtones should be listed..
    Which folder is the loader files folder? I'm thinking it would be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader but want to make sure.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by alryder; 09-03-2008 at 12:27 PM.

  10. #55
    mcky's Avatar
    mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by alryder View Post
    Which folder is the loader files folder? I'm thinking it would be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader but want to make sure.
    Thanks!
    The direction I gave is to locate the folder of the old OS with the ringtone file. Once u follow the direction as given u should not have a problem.

  11. #56
    alryder's Avatar
    alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    314
    OK, I mis-understood at first. I guess I'll have to install the older firmware on my computer to get the file and then re-install 4.5.0.77.
    Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by alryder; 09-04-2008 at 08:18 PM.

  12. #57
    kermalou's Avatar
    kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    95
    I had that same problem with ringtones and profiles. I had to pull the battery twice or thre times for it to take effect after copying the file over.

    I still have bad memory loss with .77. Calls dropping after one ring and showing up as Unknown Number, BBM conversations randomly ending, and the hour glass for a couple of minutes.

    Anyone else still have that problem? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  13. #58
    alryder's Avatar
    alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by kermalou View Post
    I had that same problem with ringtones and profiles. I had to pull the battery twice or thre times for it to take effect after copying the file over.

    I still have bad memory loss with .77. Calls dropping after one ring and showing up as Unknown Number, BBM conversations randomly ending, and the hour glass for a couple of minutes.

    Anyone else still have that problem? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    .77 is working good for me. I've been really happy with it.

  14. #59
    RB3tech®'s Avatar
    RB3tech® no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    21E389A6
    Posts
    26
    Where can I download the 8830 OS 4.5.0.51 beta on my Sprint WE?

  15. #60
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by RB3tech® View Post
    Where can I download the 8830 OS 4.5.0.51 beta on my Sprint WE?
    Not so sure it's a beta anymore. Have you been to the Sprint website to see what they have available there for your device?

    As you can see this thread is over 3 years old, so chances are pretty good you won't be able to find a link for that OS anywhere. I've looked, but can't find anything that works.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •