Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by joeblack Hello, I am a bb newbie. I just received VZW 8830 ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29

Thumbs up

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
    Hello, I am a bb newbie. I just received VZW 8830 for work with company outlook/Exchange email access.

Question: If I upgraded the OS to 4.5.051 beta, will I still be able to access all my emails? Do still I have to setup the Enterprise Activation again?
    The upgrade process does the Ent Act again for you, just remember to backup during the process. Quick and easy.

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540
    I have it on my sprint 8830. I feel bad for everyone that payed for html email programs that aren't as good

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joeblack no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by uberspeed View Post
    The upgrade process does the Ent Act again for you, just remember to backup during the process. Quick and easy.
    Thanks!

xajago no está en línea Stack level 1
    Installed 4.5x on my Sprint 8830 and absolutelu adore it! Cleaner, more intuitive, UI is sooo much better, less resets/batt pulls. The ONLY gripe is mem leaking, which. Can be disatrous if using bb msgr all day like I do...so, having to monitor my memory is annoying, but, minor in comparison to the features in the upgrade...now, waiting for it to be an official upgrade...hope they continue to include the 8830 in future builds...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pick3222 no está en línea Stack level 1

memory after upgrade

I upgraded to 4.5.0.51 and thought I missed a lot of items to keep my free memory above 11 or 12 megs, nut apparently that is normal.

My impressions are about the same as most others; faster, better growser, like the media player changes, but I tried Docs to Go and keep getting an IT policy violation accessing both within and without the firewall. I am a BIS user, and tried to disable the firewall, but there is this little red asterisk at that item and the option is locked.

So, I deleted DocstoGo, after having installed and updated it to 1.0.0.2.0.16 or whatever the upgrade version is.

Ive had the same firewall problem with Opera Mini and xplayer as well.

edit: after clearing the logs and a batt pull I have 13.9 megs free

MrX
    MrX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304185AB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just installed the same beta on my 8830 earlier this evening, and I must say its a very nice upgrade!! Everything seems to be running smoothly, and I'm glad to have all the upgrades and then some of my fiancee's new 8330.

*Still works fine, but leaking memory like its nobodys business!
    Last edited by MrX; 08-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.

TruEAO no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any word on it allowing sprint tv or youtube?

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am able to use Sprint TV now with OS 4.5, I'm also using Desktop Manager 4.6, although I suspect 4.5 will work too. I downloaded the Sprint TV app from www.mobitv.com/rim/fuji using the 8830 to access the link. After installing, It took awhile to recognize my device the first time and load the channels. Most of the channels on my device required a paid subscription (I have an unlimited vision pack with phone as modem, not a power pack or simply everything plan like most here do). There were a number of free channels though, most of which hold little interest for me. Also, TV on my 8830 only covers about 3/4th of my screen. Seems to be formatted for other devices, not the 8830. All in all though, it seems to work pretty well. I haven't found a way for the audio to come through any of my bluetooth headsets yet. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by tbonanno; 08-17-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
    Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

TruEAO no está en línea Stack level 1
    Great stuff. Thanks

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2
    Memory leak is killing me on Messenger and Facebook App.

Otherwise love being able to open video attachments, html email and so forth.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2
    Also, getting a boatload of unknown number missed alls.

RIM should love the fact that we are testing their stuff. We are good beta testers!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kermalou View Post
    Also, getting a boatload of unknown number missed alls.

RIM should love the fact that we are testing their stuff. We are good beta testers!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

same here

MrX
    MrX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304185AB
    YouTube worked perfectly, and phone operated pretty smoothly overall.

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Just installed yesterday, got tired of waitting for the "official release" Loven it so far, though I cant get it to reload my app.'s? I do notice a slight lag in response time. Tryn to get the sprint tv now.....
    "This life almost didn't happen"

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    youtube works well, all good except a couple of random boots earlier. Tv works just the right thrid of the screen is greyed out. Looks like its configured for pearl its a start love the html email browser and upgraded media player.....
    "This life almost didn't happen"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast