Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recently purchased an 8830 as a replacement for my HTC PPC-6700 on Sprint's network. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

imagez no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 On Sprint - Data, Powervison, and BES

Advertisement

I recently purchased an 8830 as a replacement for my HTC PPC-6700 on Sprint's network. I am grandfathered in on a very inexpesive Powervision unlimited data plan that I do not wish to lose to move over to a BB data plan. They want 39.99 a month and a two year contract and I would lose my Powervision unlimited data plan forever, I also have two phones on this account and they won't even move my granfathered data plan to my other number and then put a BB data plan on the number I want the 8830 on.

So, I got to thinking that since the GPS, phone, and text messaging are working on the Powervision plan that I might be able to utilize the BES server that we have here at work. I carry a 7520 for my work phone but am not allowed to use it for personal use. Is there some way to use one BES CAL (License) to push email to two phones (7520 and 8830) so I could get my work email and browser services from the BES server and still be able to hit my POP3 accounts through there too or am I going to have to succumb to the Sprint Gods and bite on a data plan from them. I am receiving terrible customer service from them and was told that my exisitng Powervision plan would be just fine to use with my Blackberry when they sold it to me. I have since spent several hours of online chat with customer service as well as on the phone. Very Frustrating........

Thanks in advance for anyone's time who is willing to help or suggest.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : 8830 On Sprint - Data, Powervison, and BES

In order to use emails, browser or anything data related on a BB you NEED a BB data plan, there's no way out, even if your company is on BES they cannot send email to a device without data plan sorry.

Hope this helps
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8830 On Sprint - Data, Powervison, and BES

Quote Originally Posted by imagez
    I recently purchased an 8830 as a replacement for my HTC PPC-6700 on Sprint's network. I am grandfathered in on a very inexpesive Powervision unlimited data plan that I do not wish to lose to move over to a BB data plan. They want 39.99 a month and a two year contract and I would lose my Powervision unlimited data plan forever, I also have two phones on this account and they won't even move my granfathered data plan to my other number and then put a BB data plan on the number I want the 8830 on.

So, I got to thinking that since the GPS, phone, and text messaging are working on the Powervision plan that I might be able to utilize the BES server that we have here at work. I carry a 7520 for my work phone but am not allowed to use it for personal use. Is there some way to use one BES CAL (License) to push email to two phones (7520 and 8830) so I could get my work email and browser services from the BES server and still be able to hit my POP3 accounts through there too or am I going to have to succumb to the Sprint Gods and bite on a data plan from them. I am receiving terrible customer service from them and was told that my exisitng Powervision plan would be just fine to use with my Blackberry when they sold it to me. I have since spent several hours of online chat with customer service as well as on the phone. Very Frustrating........
    I'm also with Sprint (and loving my new 8830!) ... two suggestions:
    1. email customer care and describe (as you've done above) the situation. At a minimum, they should let you move your grandfathered Vision Plan to one of your other lines.
    2. if still no-go, say "cancel" and ask to speak to Retensions. Good customers, who pay on time and are polite in explaining their circumstances are usually taken good care of. Also mention the erroneous "advice" you were given that your current Power Vision plan would be fine for the 8830!

Good luck, let us know ...

/BD

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Blackberry's take Blackberry plans, not power vision, vision or any other type of data plan. Customer care can move your plan to another line, however no matter what you do you will need the $40 BB plan in order to get the BB.

Any other questions please ask.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

retensions is the people to talk to they get it done one of the reasons i wont leave sprint

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

So, I got to thinking that since the GPS, phone, and text messaging are working on the Powervision plan that I might be able to utilize the BES server that we have here at work.
    While the former features you mentioned might or might not work with a Powervision plan (some have and other haven't for whatever reasons), you can't get access to a BES at all without a BB data plan. If you need to access the BES you'll need to switch.

seconds2none no está en línea Stack level 1

Go to a sprint store. Ask the rep to do an ESN swap from your PPC 6700 to the 8830 and don't mentioned anything about the BB data plan. After the swap, do the provision on the 8830. You should have your PowerVision on your account. All BB function still works. If they remove powervision when you do the swap - you'll be out of luck.

miamibest no está en línea Stack level 1

You won't be able to use your powervision plan with the BB 8830. You have to get the bb data plan, no fault of Sprint's, but RIM requires the package b/c you use there servers.

I wish to thank all of you for your time, suggestions, and ideas, etc.

By the way, I guess some folks misunderstood what I had said in my previous post...I had already done an ESN swap from the PPC-6700 to the 8830 and the phone, texting, GPS, maps, and tracking all work fine. Just no corporate Exchange Mail, Contacts, or Calendar or POP3 mail at all.......absolutely about to do me in.

And the SAGA continues......

I cut to the chase or so I thought and emailed Sprint Executive Services (either they have changed or this is a new experience for me, they used to handle things at their level and it was resolved one way or another). They shuffled my email to Ecare Business Customer Solutions and asked that it be taken care of with me........arrrrrgghhhhhh.

Well after the shuffling of a half dozen emails back and forth and one of the suggestions in the middle of it all being that I contact my local Business Sales Office (called them and their telephone circuits have been busy for two days running now....isn't this a telecom company I am dealing with, and yes I have tried from different phones). I have a regular goverment (rep for my regular daytime government job) rep that I emailed, he was out and his fill in for the time he is gone has failed to email me back (30 hours and counting). I emailed back to ECare Business Customer Solutions and was told to contact the regular Business Premier Customer Service 800 number again and they would resolve.

So, I got another rep on the phone and forwarded the email thread from my original email to Executive Services to him (you would think since this had been escalated that he would not have had to ask for it) and he said......(anyone reading this is not going to believe this)......"oh I am sorry, you not only cannot get done what you wanted to , but you are not going to be able to use the $39.99 Standard Unlimited Blackberry Data Plan w/ a two year commit on your 8830 in particular, we are having problems making them work and you will need to purchase the $69.99 International Unlimited Blackberry Data Plan ( I very, very , very rarely leave the country, so this is overkill bigtime). So, now how would you like to have a Mogul or an 8703?" I replied, if I had wanted something like that or that big, I would have ordered it to begin with, I like my 8830 alot.

So, I emailed Sprint Executive Services again and told them of my latest experience and also that if I wasn't getting something better, I certainly didn't feel like I should have to pay more and now they are wanting me to tack on an additional $57.49 just for data on my phone over and above what I am paying now, that is more than I pay for high end cable modem service at my house. I tolf them eve T Mo gives very substantial minutes with their comparably priced plans for only a few bucks over the cost of the data plan.

I will keep everyone posted as to what happens.....

I do not have much hair to begin with, but what I have I am slowly (not so slowly the last couple of days) pulling out. I think I will go out tonight and buy myself a BIG CHIEF TABLET, a BIG FAT NUMBER 2 PENCIL, and some STRING and TIN CANS, maybe they can get those 1's and 0,s transmitting over that.

Thansk again......

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you'd get a BES-capable data plan (i.e. not Powervison) there wouldn't be an issue. There's no need for the international plan. Plenty of 8830 owners are doing fine on BES without it.

You might as well complain to the CEO of your car's maker that your gas engine won't take diesel... It's not designed for it and won't work with it and no amount of griping is going to alter reality. Get the correct data plan. The carriers don't have Blackberry data plans just for their own amusement. BB's must have access to the BB APN for data services.

I'm sorry if I seem insensitive but everyone on BES pays $40 or more each month for a compatible Blackberry data plan. What makes you so special that you should be an exception out of all the other BES users out there??
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-18-2007 at 04:10 PM.

I am not saying I wouldn't consider the Blackbery Data Plan, but now they refuse to sell me anything but the $69.99 plan because of the particualr problems they are having with the 8830 that they are not having with the other Blackberries. It is the principal of the thing too. I was told one thing and am being dealt something else.

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

I am not saying I wouldn't consider the Blackbery Data Plan, but now they refuse to sell me anything but the $69.99 plan because of the particualr problems they are having with the 8830 that they are not having with the other Blackberries. It is the principal of the thing too. I was told one thing and am being dealt something else.
    Sorry to throw more oil on the fire (salt in your wounds) but the Sprint 8830 clearly & definitely works great on the $39.95 BB Plan. My BES is working perfectly and has been for the 2 weeks I've now had the phone & plan.

/BD

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I would call back and ask to speak to retentions and tell them you will cancel and switch to T-Mobile if you don't get what you want. Hopefully they don't cancel your service for calling in too much.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

seconds2none no está en línea Stack level 1

I read on another forum how sprint resolved that issue. They remove your PV. Then they add the BB data plan and PAM function at the same time. GOOD luck with the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast