My 8830 has all the sudden stoped showing saved phone book entries when people call ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

crystalteague no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c7cc0f

8830 not showing saved names on calls

Advertisement

My 8830 has all the sudden stoped showing saved phone book entries when people call me. It shows me the number calling only but doesn't recogise the number from the phone book or any ring tones... has anyone else had this problem... does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

rexlt no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8830 not showing saved names on calls

I do not know if it will help or if you have tried this, do a reset by pulling out the battery for about 30 seconds before putting it back. This may click all the gears back into place. Have you checked to make sure you still have all your contacts & ringtones available on the handset ?

ian_h no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My nokia phone would do thid when I had multiple entries for a contact number. Perhaps the bb is doing the same. With multiple names per number the device won't know which one to display.

crystalteague no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c7cc0f

Ive done a reset millions of times... and i dont have mulitiple entries... just because i thought that was it too... any other suggestions?

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok...this sort of happened to me like 2 weeks ago. Everytime someone called, it would say 'unrecognized number". I called t-mobile and they had to reset me in their system or whatever and then everything worked fine. I'm sure t-Mobile has to do something on their end to fix it.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are using an 8830 then you have either Verizon or Sprint as a carrier. I'll assume you hav e Verizon and are using the default Verizon theme. The issue you describe is a bug in the Verizon theme. The way to get rid of it is to change your theme to one of the Dimension themes that are preloaded on your Blackberry.