Called support at alltel (waste of time), they pushed up the issue twice and after ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

mcasey329 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C7BD5D

8830, no calls, no sms no internet

Advertisement

Called support at alltel (waste of time), they pushed up the issue twice and after 90 minutes I am now pushed up to another lvel of support and waiting for a callback.

the problem as I see it so far, (I am an engineer developing a mobile website for a client so I am not a novice at tech issues)

last night device worked and I texted and made a few calls a couple hours later I noticed device was hot and battery had suddenly drained from ~90% to 15% in a few hours. Charged battery over night with device off.

This morning I turned it on and No calls connecting, no sms, no internet, no email. battery down to 5% in less than 2 hours. while I was on call with support. In the upper right the device shows the outgoing data arrow but I never see any incoming data (not sure if this is a clue or not)

Support had me try the battery removal a few times, and wipe the device and resetr it up all code and number are right the device simply won't connect to anything and the battery is going dead. I suspect the battery issue is related to the connection issue but the device is new to me.

Device is less than two months old.

Any advice?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8830, no calls, no sms no internet

the 'hot' part bothers me...have you checked to see if the connectors are lining up and hitting the battery at the right place? i read another thread where someone's bb got hot because of the battery overloading because the connectors weren't making proper contact...

PIN/ID
    32C7BD5D

THe device is not hot now, I just noticed lasrt night. it is fully charged but still doesnt work at all.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

So you're getting nothing when you try to power it up? Does the DM recognize it when connected?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    32C7BD5D

I get the home screen and it seems to boot up fine. I can use it for other things (tasks, contacts, games etc. I just cant connet to anything and the battery is now going dead a lot faster. Until this happened I could go 2-3 days without charging (I dont use the device much other than to test from)
    now the battery is low overnight.

the device wont connect to the outside world as far as I can tell.

DM does recognize it when it is connected. Both before and after the wipe
    Last edited by mcasey329; 12-26-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added DM response

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

I am having a similar issue also with a 8830 that is a month and a half old. Although my battery life is fine it will not hold a connection. When i go into manage connections i check mobile network and run a diagnostic. it says everything is fine. but once i try to browse th web or place a call the phone says that reception is off. The phone seems to be automatically turning my mobile network radio off on its own. I have done a wipe using javaloader and completely reloaded the os hoping it was a software issue. I am a us cellular customer if that helps. If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this it would be much appreciated. DM recognizes the phone
    Last edited by senseijake; 01-03-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added more info

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

I would call tech support and ask them to give you a ticket number to call RIM.
    You probably need a new phone.
    RIM's tech guys are fantastic and if they can't fix it they will have u get a replacement.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This just happened to me... I took the battery out for 30s and put it back in, and it was fine...

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mcasey329 View Post
    ...I noticed device was hot and battery had suddenly drained from ~90% to 15% in a few hours...

...This morning I turned it on and No calls connecting, no sms, no internet, no email. battery down to 5% in less than 2 hours... In the upper right the device shows the outgoing data arrow but I never see any incoming data (not sure if this is a clue or not)...
    Sounds like a short in the radio.