For some reason I seem to be having a problem with my Blackberry 8830 deleting ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

8830 memory clearing problems

Advertisement

For some reason I seem to be having a problem with my Blackberry 8830 deleting the information in my call log, in my SMS text box, and in my email boxes. For some reason when I accessed my text messages, they were all gone except for 1 saved one. Then I checked my call log and all the calls had been deleted. They are still visible if I change the option to call log to most recent. Also my email boxes were erased up to Wednesday. I am actually on my second 8830 as I had the exact same problem with the first one so I was able to exchange it for a new one. And just for additional information I have my messages set up to never delete so I have no idea what is going on. Alltel told me that I should try and reset the phone back to factory settings and see what that does but that didn't work on the first one. Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: 8830 memory clearing problems

I have had this happen once or twice with my 8830. When it happens to me, I have way to many programs running and there is not enough memory on the BB to continue to run properly. Now I also have hundreds of saved text messages and emails that are on the device. I would check and see how many programs/applications you have running. Generally when I do a battery pull I will get my lost messages back. You can check how much memory you are using in your advanced options. When I am more cautious about how many apps i am using, I dont have the problem. Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You've got a memory issue occurring. See this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for everbody's help!! I am going to try what was recommended in the other post.

ttlyblessedgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

i called my service provider about that. they said that it was a problem with all of them but they are going to have it fixed by the 2nd week of january 08 and if its not fixed by then, you should call your wireless provider and ask them about it.. and something about possibly getting a new one.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I have learned with the Verizon 8830 that I need to do a alt-cap-del about twice a week. Then I clear my warning logs (alt-l g l g hit menu, delete logs). I'd love to get away from this practice but haven't figured out how yet. LOL
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~