Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone figured out how to get your microSD to show up in "My Devices" ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

l8nighter no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8830 Media Manager MicroSD Problem

Advertisement

Has anyone figured out how to get your microSD to show up in "My Devices" on your 8830? At one point it showed up and I was able to drag items to my microSD but now all I see is Device Memory in the list. I upgraded to the latest Device Software from RIM and download the 8830 device install from Verizon but it sill doesn't show up. I have tried all the options on the phone as far as mass storage support but it will still not show up. If it would show up I would be able to drag videos to my microSD and it would convert them. Thanks for any help

gpc
    gpc no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8830 Media Manager MicroSD Problem

When I plug my bb8800 up to the computer and connect to media manager, I only enter my password on computer and not on the bb and the media manager shows the sd card. If I enter anything on the bb (password included) I don't get the sd card on the computer. Not sure why but it has been consistent on mine.

Good luck.

Hmm. I don't have a password on my Blackberry so this is not the case for me.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Is the problem only seeing from your Laptop/Desktop computer? Or are you not seeing the MicroSD card on the Blackberry.

Mine is working fine.

My Blackberry is password protected.

Under Options >> Media Card, my settings are as follows.
    Media Card Support = On
    Encryption Mode: = None
    Mass Storage Mode Support = On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes

When I connect to my Computer,
    Handheld Manager or Desktop Manager prompt for my Password.
    My Blackberry brings up a message, "Mass Storage Mode is being activated. Enter your device password to grant access"

After entering this last password, my Micro SD card is available as a removable drive.

If I use the Media Manager in Desktop Manager 4.2 Sp2, then I will enter my Security password again, and then I am good to go.

Hope this info is helpful.

Good luck.

I found the solution to my problem on RIM's website under:
    Doc ID : KB11883
    I had to re-format my microsd card and set it to prompt. Then connect the cable and just ignore
    the yes or no question on the screen and it now works.

rastazacher no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by l8nighter
    I found the solution to my problem on RIM's website under:
    Doc ID : KB11883
    I had to re-format my microsd card and set it to prompt. Then connect the cable and just ignore
    the yes or no question on the screen and it now works.
    I have been looking all over for this! Thanks. The prompt thing makes it work. Dont know why...but THANKS!

weir1419 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem of not being able to access the memory card. Everytime I click on it, it gives me a Please activate Mass Storage. So then I activate it and then I go back and it still reads "Please activate Mass Storage." Please help me!

doronpinhas no está en línea Stack level 1

I also experince a similar problem - but since I'm password-protecting the device, I keep getting the message: "Mass Storage Mode is being activated. Enter your device password to grant access" again and again.
    Curiously enough, I find that if I'm persistent in entering the password, Media Manager will eventually show the card and folder contents. It appears that there is a correlation between the number of files on the last visited folder and the number of times it would ask for the password typed in (my guess is 2-3 times the # of files) - though I will not swear by that. Alas, once I try to navigate between folders, copy files, etc., it would pop-up with the password requests again.

Any clues?

(Thanks!)

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

I've seen a 8300 where entering mass storage mode does NOT prompt the user at the BB for their device password. Any idea how to switch on this feature?

vjp1126 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a verizon tech and you can fix this with either a reformat or remove your card then place it back in. If neither work, call us up at 8009220204 more then likely we'll need to replace your device if your syncing with BBDM works fine.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

I've seen a 8300 where entering mass storage mode does NOT prompt the user at the BB for their device password.
    do they have a security password setup for their device? if not, then it wont prompt them.

Is the problem only seeing from your Laptop/Desktop computer? Or are you not seeing the MicroSD card on the Blackberry.

Mine is working fine.

My Blackberry is password protected.

Under Options >> Media Card, my settings are as follows.
    Media Card Support = On
    Encryption Mode: = None
    Mass Storage Mode Support = On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes

When I connect to my Computer,
    Handheld Manager or Desktop Manager prompt for my Password.
    My Blackberry brings up a message, "Mass Storage Mode is being activated. Enter your device password to grant access"

After entering this last password, my Micro SD card is available as a removable drive.

If I use the Media Manager in Desktop Manager 4.2 Sp2, then I will enter my Security password again, and then I am good to go.

Hope this info is helpful.

Good luck.
    ^^^those instructions should be carved on gold plates. they resolved an annoying issue ive had all day that was resolved in .0003 seconds. boy i feel dumb!

thanks to the people on this thread!

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes a security password is set up for the device, and it's the prompt for device password at the BB that isn't asked for. It just seems to go into mass storage mode anyway.

dwmcse no está en línea Stack level 1

OK I found something that worked for me... after HOURS of working this problem I stumbled across a solution.

Media Card Settings:
    Media Card Support: ON
    Encryption Mode: NONE
    Mass Storage Mode Support: ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode
    When Connected: YES

==============================================

FIX -
    Ensure that the Blackberry Card removable drive letter is G: NOT B:

I had manually set the removable drive to B: when first using the microSD. After many installs and removal of the Blackberry manager. I decided to change the drive letter just for grins. once this was changed it instantly showed up in media manager under MY DEVICES. Hope this helps some of you.

brente1961 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had to format the micro SD card after inserting it into the 8830 before I could see it in a menu.

bdm7c no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the BB Curve, but I had all the same problems noted here and was really frustrated. I discovered that I needed to remove all other USB devices from my PC (thumb drives, etc.), plug my BB into my PC USB port, power down the PC and do a restart with the BB plugged in. Then I load DeskManager and click on MediaManager. ONLY THEN do I see my Blackberry Media Card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast