[FONT=Tahoma] Has anyone else downloaded the latest software version for the 8830 and are still ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Grayerwolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CFE37C

8830 low volume?

Advertisement

[FONT=Tahoma]Has anyone else downloaded the latest software version for the 8830 and are still having problems with the low volume on the ringers?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][/FONT]

Sniperet no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8830 low volume?

Only a few hundred thousand :-)

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i dont know about anyone else but the volume on my sprint 8830 is loud i can hear it from the other room all my ringtones are songs that i have on my sd card

Rissa0710 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

i've hear from several different people that the audio is still low after the software update, but there has been no news on when or if this issue will be resolved, if i find anything out i will keep you posted.

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I know that after I installed O.S. 4.2.2.176 on my Verizon phone the ringer vol has been much better.

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...he_8830_a.html

Its my findings and solutions for the Low volume issue.

phoenix3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30180E80

I am still having that issue.

cbose no está en línea Stack level 1

I have just downloaded and reinstalled the new version and it did not fix the volume problem. Furthermore, I had to have my corporate email reconfigured for wireless connectivity and it completely threw off some of my settings. Of course, none of the Verizon support techs that I talked to even knew about the volume issue nor did some of them know how to fix the settings that this new version screwed up. The Crackberry forum says that there is a free software package called Audacity that would fix the problem.

Now that I have downloaded the software, I have no idea what to do at this point because it does not come with instructions on how to raise the volume on the 8830. I'll have to dig around to find out.

My boss has an 8703e model, and the ringer on it seems to be fairly loud. I was on the bus yesterday for half an hour and I missed multiple calls with my phone in the holster set to Vibrate+Tone on High. Mind you, the speaker volume is excellent; they just didn't bother to test the vibrate+ringers on the 8830 model outside of their office(s). So tell Verizon I said, "NO, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!! BAD!!!!!!"

I had a Tracfone prior to this. I accidentally had it set to vibrate out of my holster one night while it was sitting on my nightstand and I was asleep. The vibration alone woke me up out of my sleep. As usual, I'm disgusted with Verizon and their support. But they're the only service that works inside the subway stations, so I have to have them. But what good are they if the phone cannot alert me when someone is calling?

keltset no está en línea Stack level 1

I have alltel and the volume on the 8830 is horrible. I can never hear my phone ringing so i just turn it off and have the phone on vibrate.

Hurtem no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Problem is still there unfortunately.